My Blog List

Monday, April 28, 2014

X - XEROTHERMIC


Today is "X" day at the A to Z Blog Challenge. You know there are not an abundance of words that begin with the letter "X." So my word for the day is "XEROTHERMIC."


I am NOT xerothermic. That is one reason why I live in New Hampshire. My wife, on the other hand, is very xerothermic. She would much prefer to live in the southwest. She absolutely loved living in Albuquerque, N.M, while we were stationed at Kirtland Air Force Base in the early 1970's. It was hot and it was dry.


Xerothermic means "adapted to, or thriving in a hot and dry environment." 

Tolerance to heat or cold is not the only area in which my beloved spouse and I are polar opposites. My wife is very neat, tidy and organized. I am not any of those things. I thrive in an environment of organized chaos.
My wife is an enthusiastically cheerful morning person. I am a "grumpy cat" morning person. I'm that guy in the popular joke "Do you wake up grumpy in the morning? No, sometimes I let him sleep."
My wife loves working out in the yard, planting flowers and vegetables. I do not like, much less love, working out in the yard. I do it only because I love my wife and it brings her joy to do those things.

Are you xerothermic or do you prefer the moderately cool temperatures of the Spring and Fall or maybe even the bone chilling cold of the Winter? 

Thank you for stopping by and reading my thoughts. Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the moderate temperatures of spring and fall over the extreme heat and cold of summer and winter. I'm not sure I could survive in your winter climate! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I prefer the moderate temperatures of Spring and Fall, too. I only tolerate the extremes of winter to enjoy the other three seasons up here in NH. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete