My Blog List

Friday, April 11, 2014

J - JUNK SCIENCE




     When I was a wee bit of a lad being educated by the Gray Nuns of the Cross at Saint Jeanne d’Arc elementary school, I was taught that Science was a search for truth. I was taught that truth is a binary state, something is either true or it is not true...period.

In high school my science teacher taught me about the “Scientific Method.” Here are a couple of definitions:

(1) "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."

(2) To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry must be based on empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.

...my science teacher taught me that any theory based on false information is “Not True,” that is, it is NOT scientific fact.


There has been several instances where Global Climate Change proponents have lied outright about evidence. Most notably out of East Anglia in the United Kingdom. Also, no matter what weather event occurs these proponents attribute the event to Global Climate Change.
It seems to me that proponents have concluded that Global Climate Change is caused by human activity. Any information that comes to light that supports their theory is published as fact. Conversely any information that goes counter to their theory is not published at all or is dismissed out of hand.


I believe that Global Climate Change runs in cycles and human activity has little to nothing to do with it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment