1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
A family day at the lake. When I was a boy our family would meet our aunts and uncles and their families at a State Park with a lake, picnic tables, ball fields, etc. We'd get there early in the morning and play all day. We'd swim, play wiffle ball, volley ball and other activities. The adults would play cards and drink adult beverages and grill burgers and hot dogs for lunch. It was really a great time.
2. What's your favorite summer smell?
Fresh cut watermelon!
3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?
It is a necessary part of beach life. No matter what you do it comes home with you. It is part of the charm that is summer!
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
Sun Tea and Sun Chips.
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
Sitting in an air conditioned movie theater watching a recent release.
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
"Here Comes the Sun" by George Harrison
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
When SWMBO had her stem cell harvested, we stayed at a Quality Inn in Lebanon, NH, about a mile from the hospital. The hotel manager and staff could not do enough for us. They made a difficult time somewhat less so. I did write a letter to the company commending the manager and staff for their service above and beyond the strict call of duty.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
When I was growing up I was taught that "honesty is the best policy." I was told that truth is important. Lately, however, truth does not seem to matter. The "Global Climate Change" debate for example. We find that scientist have been cooking the books. Some glaring examples are the report out of East Anglia, United Kingdom, was shown to contain false and made-up information that supported their thesis that the planet was warming.
A recent United Nations report on global climate change was soundly criticized by environmental scientists as being rife with "bad science" and false data.
Most recently, NASA and NOAA were criticized for knowingly using false data in a report supporting the idea that the planet was warming due to man made events.
If a person has to resort to lies to make his case, then his case is false, that is, untrue. TRUTH DOES MATTER!