My Blog List

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

THE IDES OF JUNE HODGEPODGE!



1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
     I also took a hiatus from blogging.

2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. 
     E X C E L L E N T ! ! !

3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
     It does feel like summer up here in New Hampshire. SWMBO is very pleased. The perfect summer day would be clear skies, temps in the range of the high 70's to mid 80's, low humidity, Hampton Beach or a mountain lake with SWMBO.

4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
     Yes, laziness can be respectable. You work hard all year! When it's vacation time then laziness is very respectable. As far as summer plans go I don't have any.

5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
     Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. Like most men he often misses the obvious but his heart is in the right place. My dad was fairly handy and like Tim was a good man and somewhat slow on the uptake.

6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
     SWMBO and I like driving up to Quechee, VT, and viewing the gorge and spending time up there. After a trip to Lebanon for medical treatment and follow up we drove to Quechee and had a picnic with the dogs by the gorge. There is a park nearby with walking trails that is very relaxing. It was a nice time,
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
     Bora Bora for SWMBO, the fur babies and me.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Last weekend I was sick. Not circling the drain about to checkout kind of sick, but feeling like you are circling the drain about to check out sick. SWMBO channelled her inner "Mother Hen" and went into action. She insured that I was able to sleep when I needed to. She controlled my diet, my fluid intake, my blood sugar...everything.  She helped me combat bone rattling chills and navigate profuse sweat inducing hot flashes. She comforted my headaches, bone aches and other discomforts. 
     SWMBO was not happy that I was sick but she was so glad to be the caregiver for a change. Today I am about 95% back to normal. As I have mentioned on many occasion I do so love this woman. She is remarkable in oh so many ways.
     This random thought is an elaboration of #2 above and just paints a small part of the whole picture.  



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like SWMBO is a wonderful woman and is a nurturer at heart. Lucky for you and the fur babies. :-)

    ReplyDelete