1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?Attend Worship Service at the usual time, come home and have a modest Ham dinner with SWMBO. No chocolate or dyeing eggs. Maybe some quality granddaughter time!
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Grow up! I relish my carefree, juvenile-like attitude when it comes to many aspects of my life. I still see myself as a young man and not the middle aged retiree that I am. This has also shown itself to be a negative from time to time. It really is a two-edged sword.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
Not keeping record of wrongs! I have trouble forgetting hurts and offenses. I can put them aside and forgive, but I have difficulty forgetting them.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
I am not a flower child so I have no clue as to flowers! I do not associate flowers with my childhood!
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
I have not! I have sung in public before with an ad hoc musical group, but not karaoke. I can't see myself singing karaoke without copious amounts of liquid "courage" on board, if you know what I mean!...wink! wink!
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
I have a basket with pens, highlighters and markers on my desk in my home office.
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
There has been so many times that it's hard to pick just one. The last time I felt foolish won't be the last time. One time when I really felt foolish was when I backed out of the garage without first opening the garage door. I felt a bump and then I heard a loud crack. Fortunately the car was not damaged badly. Unfortunately the garage door had to be replaced.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today we celebrate the 30th anniversary of SWMBO's 29th birthday. SWMBO's 29th year was particularly pleasant for her so she opted to stay 29 forever...and who am I to argue? I am so blessed to be SWMBO's life partner. She has enriched and continues to enrich my life in so many ways, too numerous to count. I love so many things about her. I love her smile. I love her devotion to me, the kids and the grand babies. I love her naivete. She possesses a child like joy of life that I so admire. She is my best friend and a better wife than I deserve. She is a terrific Mom and Grannie. She is kind, compassionate and you will find no better friend anywhere. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWMBO!