Wednesday, March 20, 2013
1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
She is definitely a tantrum throwing lion! Six inches of snow and counting as I write this.
2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
Clean to do list? People really make such lists? That's too type-A for me. I clean up outside as the snow recedes and do such tasks as are necessary ot that SWMBO would like to have done.
3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em? What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
I love 'em. I don't have a favorite dish that calls for peas.
4. Do you feel under appreciated?
Only in the far reaches of my feeble mind! However, Sometimes when I'm on the computer SWMBO will come up to me and as she bends over to give me a kiss she first turns her head and looks at the computer screen on her way down, essentially kissing me with her ear. That makes me feel a little under appreciated.
5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
I have no clue! I hope I can download the blog postings I have already composed and posted before GR goes belly up. I'm sure SWMBO and I will find someplace to go, just don't know where, yet!
6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Agree or Disagree? Why?
I agree! I think that it's axiomatic that you more fully appreciate a given condition when you exerience it's negative opposite. This is true regarding physical pain, weather, all manner of things.
7. When did you last 'spring for something'? What was it?
Last sunday after church services SWMBO and I stopped in at the local Dunkin Donuts and I sprang for coffee.
8. Insert your own random thought here?
When our founding fathers envisioned the nation that they were trying to build they envisioned a system where most of the governing would be done closest to the people at the state level. They envisioned a weak federal government and strong state government. I am astounded by how that paradigm has been flipped to where the federal government has usurped power that is really meant to be kept at the state level. God bless America!