My Blog List

Monday, March 11, 2013

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!

     So how was your weekend? I had a wonderful weekend with a couple of notable exceptions...(1) SWMBO was sick with a cold and (2) I could not access my blog account.
      I have been trying to publish at least two blog entries per week. Last week I fell short of that mark. I know! I know! Two postings per week is not setting the bar very high. However, for a goal to be worth anything it has to be measurable and two is clearly measurable. I am fairly confident that at the end of 2013 I will have achieved that goal, on average.


     Last night I tried composing a blog post for this morning but the blogosphere gremlins prevented the server from loading my blog account and I couldn't compose, edit, post or do anything on my blog account. So far this afternoon, the gremlins have been behaving themselves.

     So here is my weekend report. Friday, my beloved SWMBO came home feeling sick with a cold that she thinks was passed on by some coworkers. So she spent the weekend on the couch in her pajama's being spoiled by yours truly, Becke, the Wonder Dog, and August Rush, the Whirling Dervish. 


      Friday night's supper consisted of take-out from Boston Market. We had a couple of roasted chicken dinners with sweet potatoes and steamed veggies. I had BBQ and SWMBO had regular. SWMBO was glad I brought home supper.

      On Saturday morning I had a regularly scheduled Elders meeting at the church with one of our preachers. The meeting lasted two or three hours. It is really good to meet and discuss the affairs of the church. We are blessed to have two fine men who have dedicated their lives to ministry. It is uplifting to see their dedication and to be able to discuss issues in a non-confrontational, mutually supporting environment. 
     After the Elders meeting I returned to Boston Market to take advantage of a BOGO (Buy One Get One) coupon that I had. I picked up a couple of Mediterranean Chicken Salads for SWMBO and me. She was still a little under the weather and appreciated the gesture.
     SWMBO needed to go shopping for an upcoming bridal shower. So off to the store we go. We were out for about an hour. We were successful in our quest for a suitable gift. SWMBO was wiped out. Apparently, she wasn't completely over her cold. So back to the PJ's and the couch.


     Sunday morning was special because we have a group of Harding University students up from Arkansas for the week. They conducted the worship service for us and did a great job! The singing was absolutely beautiful and inspiring. I wished that SWMBO could have been there with me. She would have loved it, but alas she was still on the couch convalescing from what ailed her.



     Later Sunday afternoon we had a pot luck supper before our evening worship service. As usual there was lots of wonderfully prepared foods. It was difficult sticking to my new eating regimen, especially when I saw the four Pecan Pies...but I managed to do so! Pecan Pie with a dollop of whipped cream is my absolute favorite dessert! Sometimes life just rises up and kicks you dead in the face! Waaaaahh!
     After services I went to visit a friend who is recovering from a painful shoulder surgery that she had on Thursday. Upon reflection, it probably was not helpful of me to walk into the house and immediately raise my hand and offer her a "high five!" 

     All weekend the weather was wonderful and we were reasonably productive with the possible exception of the gremlin invasion. Hope your weekend was wonderful, too! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute recap of the weekend and I so appreciated the meals that I didn't have to plan, cook, or clean up after. Thank you and good boy for not having Pecan Pie.

    ReplyDelete