Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Well, it's Wednesday! That means it's time for the Hodgepodge questions of the week. These questions are brought to us by Joyce, purveyor of the "This Side of the Pond" blog. She has a knack of coming up with provocative questions. Please take time to join in on the fun.
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket?
I generally don't play games of chance. I did once attend a training seminar that was held at the Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut. I walked around on the gaming floor just to see the gaming tables and the slot machines. There were a lot of slot machines. As far as lottery tickets go, I will but a ticket from time to time as the mood strikes me.
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried...your favorite way to have potatoes?
No! SWMBO and I don't do the St. Patty's thing. My favorite way to have potatoes is mashed.
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over?
I don't recall ever being green with envy. I have thought to myself "That would be nice" when I saw something that someone else had, but I am okay with what I have. I really don't need anything! As long as I have God and SWMBO in my life I have everything!
4. What's at the end of your rainbow?
Heaven and eternal life!
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March, 1945). Anne's diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
I don't keep a diary or journal.
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
A couple of our granddaughters' toys.
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
I don't know how to write a limerick...thinking of one makes me a little sick...I must keep it clean...and not wax obscene...or Joyce will strike with her spoon stick!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The good news is that we all have eternal life. The bad news is that our bodies do not! We are not bodies that have a soul but rather we are all souls that have a body, a temporary body that is slowly wasting away daily. Our souls will live on forever, either with God in heaven or away from God, eternally separated from Him in a much less pleasant place. The choice is ours as to where we will spend that eternity. The bad news is that many will choose separation from God and the less pleasant place. Think about it! Please choose wisely!