My Blog List

Monday, January 21, 2013

WEEKEND UPDATE!

     How was your weekend? Up here in the frozen tundra we had a bit of a thaw. The temps hit in the high 40's on Saturday and Sunday. 
     What did I do all weekend? Not much really. I lallygagged around the house all Saturday morning having breakfast that consisted of cereal and coffee, then I watched some TV and read a little. 
     In the afternoon I went to Supercuts to get a haircut and beard trim. SWMBO said I was getting too shaggy and needed to get my hair cut. I told her that I was letting my hair grow to the length where I can pull it back into a pony tail, that I was going for a 60's "hippy" look. She threatened to use Nair hair remover on me while I slept. So, off to Supercuts I went. After the stylist cut my hair and used a weed whacker on my beard I had to admit that I looked a lot better.


     I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Les Mis movie starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway. I know that the play was very popular and well received. My son really likes the music. I have never heard the music except for a song or two.
     Anyways, it has been awhile since SWMBO and I went out to a movie so I decided to purchase two tickets for the 3:30 p.m. showing at the local Cinemagic Theater and surprise SWMBO with a date.
     If you haven't seen Les Miserables yet, I urge you to go see it. The movie is magnificent. Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway did a spectacular job of acting. Russell Crowe of Gladiator fame is also in the movie. He did very well also. I never knew that Crowe could sing. 
     If the purpose of a movie is to take it's audience through a range of emotions, Les Mis succeeded spectacularly. The film was very gripping and well worth the time to see it. SWMBO absolutely loved it! Can you say "Brownie Points?"
      So, if you haven't seen it yet, go see it. You won't be sorry!


      Well, the NHL lockout is over and what is supposed to pass for a season has begun. The Boston Bruins skated against the New York Rangers on Saturday. The Bruins prevailed over the Rangers by a score of 3 to 1. Part of me is glad the Bruins won.
     Having said that, a part of me is still miffed at both the NHL owners and the NHL Players Association. A pox on both their houses! I am boycotting NHL Hockey for the rest of the so-called season.
     It seems to me that whoever wins the Stanley Cup this year will have that victory tarnished because of the short season. There will probably be an asterisk in the record books next to the teams name because of special nature of the season.
     I know that my view is the minority view given the capacity crowds at several of the pro hockey arena's. So I say "BOYCOTT THE NHL !!!"


      Also this weekend my beloved New England Patriots came up short against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Championship Game. At least it wasn't the Superbowl and the NY Giants again! The Ravens were due to win one of these years.
     The Ravens entry into the Superbowl marks the first time in NFL history that two brothers will coach opposing teams in the big game. Jim Harbaugh coaches the San Francisco 49ers and his brother, John coaches the Ravens. 
     I don't have a dog in this fight but I suspect I'll support the AFC Ravens.

    I hope you had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful date and having you there was the best part of it. Thank you for taking me to the movies.

    ReplyDelete