My Blog List

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

GETTING CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER HODGEPODGE!



     A pleasant good morning to one and all. I hope all of you are well today. I'm doing okay also. My beloved Red Sox continues to play some pretty good baseball. Our mortgage refinancing is officially completed. All the T's are crossed and all the I's are dotted. 
     Today being Wednesday, we have another Wednesday Hodgepodge to navigate. Thank you, Joyce Daley, for continuing to challenge us every week with your questions. Please consider joining us and participating in the Hodgepodge. Click on over to "From this Side of the Pond" and follow the simple directions. Here we go....

1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?
     This is a tough one. Most places SWMBO and I go give us good service but going above and beyond the call of duty and treating us like royalty, I cannot remember any such time.


2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?
     This one is easy. We refinanced our mortgage. 


3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
     This is another difficult question. My perseverance, some would call it stubbornness, has enabled me to push through obstacles and accomplish many of my goals. On the fault side of the ledger, my procrastination has resulted in my missing some opportunities and prevented me from attaining some goals. 


4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?
     Would I to possess such a device I would have to take some time to consider the exact question that is being posed here. However, to answer the question, I think that I would rewind to certain times in my life and change a couple of bad decisions that I made. Then I would fast forward to see what difference my altered choices made in my life


5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?
     SWMBO and I have no special plans for Memorial Day, but that is subject to change without notice. We may pick up some groceries and grill some animal flesh. I will certainly spend time in prayer for our departed heroes and their families for their sacrifice to our Nation. I will thank God that during our darkest times men and women stepped up and unselfishly gave their last full measure of devotion.
     I have been to Arlington National Cemetery as well as the Vietnam War Memorial and the Law Enforcement Officers Memorial. It was a moving experience each time I went.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.
      In the early 1970's some Republican operatives were caught trying to bug the Democratic National Committee at their offices in the Watergate Hotel in Washington D.C. 
     After the election, President-elect Trump said that he was being surveilled and electronically monitored (bugged). Most people in the "Fake News" media laughed at him. They called him paranoid and many other things. As it turns out he was correct.
     Now we are learning that FISA Warrants have been sought and granted on the basis of unsubstantiated information in violation of law and Department of Justice protocols.
     The sad fact appears to be that the more we learn about the conduct of the FBI, the Special Prosecutor and his staff, and the Department of Justice, the more outrageous this whole thing becomes. Compared to the Watergate affair, this whole ordeal is much, much worse by orders of magnitude. The Rule of Law in our beloved country is under assault. May God help us and protect us!
     


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with #6! Each day it seems we learn more and more about this....illegal behavior. One thing is for sure, if Republicans had done this, the Democrats would be raising holy heck in Washington right now instead of trying to continue a witch hunt! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like every day more and more is revealed and it's so depressing. I agree the question about time requires some thought, but I went with my first answer. I can overthink things like a boss, so I try hard in the HP to go with my first thoughts. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you 100% on your random. God help us and protect us!! I always enjoy reading your HP answers!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend, and I will also pray for those fallen heroes who gave the ultimate for our freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all the mortgage stuff is done! Yes the remote would be rather interesting. Not sure what I would do. We have no plans but I did pick up some goodies to eat over the weekend. Hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad and chips. They will be a treat since we don't eat that way anymore. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your answer to number 4 really made me pause and think!

    ReplyDelete