My Blog List

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

KUDOS TO THE EAGLES HODGEPODGE!


      Greetings from my top secret bunker located far beneath the surface of the earth. I have relocated to my bunker to protect my beloved SWMBO and I from rampaging Philadelphia Eagles fans. All kidding aside, congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles for their first ever Super Bowl win. Likewise, kudos to my acquaintances who are Eagles fans. Enjoy the win Eagles Nation. You earned it with your long-suffering devotion to your team.
     Another Wednesday is upon us. Old Man Winter is dying, and not too soon. Another Wednesday Hodgepodge is upon us. Thank you Joyce Daley for another set of writing prompts. I look forward to this weekly writing exercise. 
     So, Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Hodgepodge!

1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter. 
     February is one of the harshest months of the year. We have to contend with bitter cold and incessant snowfall and the Winter blahs. 
     I might select exercising more simply because I can do with more exercise. The good ship "How I Look in a Bathing Suit" has long sailed and is lost at sea. Also I'm not a "bath" person. I much prefer a hot shower.
     A couple of things that I might suggest is (1) Walk through a mall, and (2) Go outside on a crisp, cold day and get some color in your cheeks.
     It is good that February is a short month.

2. Tell us about something you've seen or done recently that you'd say was 'super'?
     On Sunday evening our church small group met for a devotional. Afterwards we settled in to watch our beloved Patriots win their sixth Super Bowl. Of course, we were profoundly disappointed at the outcome of the game. However, there was plant of fellowship, good food and loud yelling. It was a super evening. 

3. Best thing you ate in a 'bowl' last week?
     My wife made a hamburger chili that was wonderful. Fortunately she made a lot and there was some leftover. That is what I had.

4. Something you're 'cheering' for right now?
     I am cheering for the Red Sox Equipment Truck that departed from Fenway Park on Monday enroute to Florida. That means Winter's demise is at hand.

5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you'll find a list here).
     My interest level in the Winter Olympics is around a 5 or 6. The event that I am most interested in is Ice Hockey. I will switch to the coverage from time to time while watching other things, but I will not be watching all the coverage.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
      I have two things I want to share with all who care to read them.
      First, I congratulate the Philadelphia Eagles for their Super Bowl win. They played an superb game and earned the win. I further congratulate them for a most excellent season. Having a back up quarterback step up and perform as well as Nick Foles did after the number one guy went down to injury was exciting to watch. Therefore, I thank the Eagles for making this season a memorable one. I look forward to a rematch next year.

    Second, there are a number of events that signal the coming death of Winter. The first such death knell is the Super Bowl. The next one is the equipment truck leaving Fenway Park and driving to Florida. The next after that is pitchers and catchers report for Major League Baseball Spring Training. Then, all the players report for Spring Training. DIE WINTER! DIE!

     Have a blessed week everyone!     



9 comments:

  1. I share your sentiment about Winter completely! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a minor league team here and are going to see them play in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to it. They're a 'farm team' (not sure that's the correct terminology in Hockey) for the Rangers and I'm a Flyers fan, but should still be fun. Fly Eagles Fly! What a game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your sentiments about winter. I'm ready for spring! To make things worse, our weather is currently warm, giving us a bit of a spring teaser before turning cold again.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Well it's not a mystery how you are feeling about winter. Sounds like a fun small group event. We were at the home of loyal Patriots fans so it was a sad outcome for them. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your Patriots didn't win but it certainly was a fun game to watch. I'm not a fan of football but always watch the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your team lost. It all means nothing to me but I do get the feeling that you don't enjoy winter lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessedly, my first winter in Colorado has been rather mild. But I'm with you, sir. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for being such a good sport and for praising our beloved Eagles! Needless to say, Joe and I were thrilled with the win. We did not have others here, but we did have lots of yelling, good food, and quite the celebration at the end! Spring training is imminent. Lakeland is the home of the Detroit Tigers. Joe and I always try to see a ST game with the Phillies. Your team is in Sarasota, I think. Only two hours from us. Come on down for a game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for returning my visit. The GB reference for the olympics was that I would be more likely to watch events where the Great Britain (GB) team had someone in with a chance of a medal. I forgot that many of my readers are American and wouldn't get that for the olympics we compete as Great Britain. Don't ask me why though! lol

    ReplyDelete