My Blog List

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A NATION MOURNS ONCE AGAIN HODGEPODGE!



     How is your week going so far? We are rapidly approaching the end of February. March Madness will soon be once again upon us and yet another death knell of Winter sounds. YAY!
     As usual, today being Wednesday, another Wednesday Hodgepodge is in the offing. I thank our Hodgepodge Mistress, Joyce Daley, for another set of thoughtful questions. 
     Here is this week's Hodgepodge.

1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?
     The first place I go is to God. The second place I go to is to God's Word, the Bible. The next place I go to is to God's creation...nature. I believe that anyone who draws breath cannot go out into a forest or upon a mountain or to a crystal clear lake without being inspired. 
     Another place I go to for inspiration are to those fellow human beings who overcome tremendous barriers and achieve amazing things that most people would say are impossible.
     Inspiration can be found almost anywhere if you look hard enough.

2. What's under your bed?
     The floor! All kidding aside, we have a couple of bed quilts encased in plastic containers. We also have a few board games and a LOT of dust.
     We are taught that we are made from dust and that we will return to dust. Well, if you look under our bed, someone is either coming or going.

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?
     I will opt for Chilli please. I also like the sweet potato idea. I am not a Margarita fan, with all due respect to Jimmy Buffet.

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?
     Interestingly enough, not much. Our snow has pretty much disappeared after a couple of days of unseasonably warm weather. It is quite amazing considering that we received about six inches of snow this past Sunday. 
     Other aspects of life are going fairly well. So we're okay, bearing in mind that that is subject to change without notice.

5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?
     Things that make me feel balanced is my relationship with God, reading God's Word, my beloved SWMBO, my church family, and music.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
     The State of Florida and many people across the country are still reeling from the shooting spree in the High School in Parkland, Florida. Of course, the usual suspects wasted no time in taking to the media and to the streets calling for more gun control. They are using/manipulating High School kids in their attempt to enact their agenda.
     Experience shows clearly that restrictive gun laws DO NOT WORK! Chicago, Los Angeles, Baltimore have some of the most stringent gun laws in the country. They also have some of the highest level of gun related crime in the country. 
     Also, murder is against the law. Theft is against the law. Selling illegal drugs is against the law. What effect has those laws had on reducing the incidents of those crimes? What makes anyone believe that gun laws will be more effective? That's all I have for now. More to follow in future postings later.


7 comments:

  1. Your answer to #2 made me smile : ) It's disppointing to me how the conversation when these tragedies occur seems solely focused on gun control. The root of the problem is so much deeper and more complex (or maybe simple depending how you look at it), but anyway, it is always about far more than what the media reduces it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Society as a whole seems to have gone to pot. Or it may look that way. But the vast majority are God fearing, kind gentle folks. I am in that category. Those that choose to sell illegal drugs, murder others and so forth choose to be godless. No amount of gun control will solve the slaughter of innocents, drug abuse, and use is a choice many make. Those of us who try to live a Godly life fear for our country, children & grandchildren. God, watch over us and keep us safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answer to #2.
    I too agree with your random. We have two boys, one who will graduate this May. I pray for wisdom for both of my boys to navigate this crazy world. It seems the Media is trying to destroy our Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answers to #1 and #5 are similar to yours. I guess we think alike :)
    I echo your sentiments concerning gun control, as well. That's simply not the answer, and would just create more problems!
    I hope SWMBO continues to do well.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here here to your random! Thank you for saying that so well! I enjoyed reading your answers and am glad to know dust bunnies are under most people's beds! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like most readers agreed with your random. Actually I think one of the stupidest things was to label a school as a gun-free zone! Duh!! And I got a chuckle out of your answer about what's under your bed. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your answer for under the bed! I like the things that keep you balanced. I'm having some baked sweet potatoes tonight. The people who want to murder others will always find a way to get a gun. I like your random.

    ReplyDelete