My Blog List

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A BIG RED HEART HODGEPODGE!


     The manufactured holiday of Valentine's Day is once again upon us. It is a day where men everywhere get themselves into trouble for not remembering to honor the  day and their beloved. This happens because someone, somewhere many moons ago decided that cards, candy, flowers and jewelry must be bought to show how much you love your beloved on this 14th day of February. It's a scam I tell you ! It's a scam!
     One thing that's never a scam is the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Today being Wednesday our friend Joyce Daley, has come up with more questions. Joyce has a very inquisitive mind. So grab your favorite hot beverage, sit back and enjoy the Hodgepodge.

1. When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative 'heart failure?'
     This morning. My beloved SWMBO and I went out to breakfast at a local Friendly's. We always love having a meal together. It is a great time to just be together. Today we discussed recent life changes and what adjustments these changes necessitate us making. The consensus reached that whatever happens we will face it head on, together, and will kick it's butt. 

2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day?
     SWMBO usually receives a thoughtful greeting card, some candy and sometimes, not always, a bouquet of flowers. Carnations are her favorite.
     We have no special plans for the day. 

3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What's a gesture you find romantic?
     I think I fall well within the practical/pragmatic camp. A gesture I find romantic is when I am unexpectedly served one of my favorite meals.

4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know?
     I certainly do! I am keenly aware that no matter how much I know, there is so much more to learn, and sadly, sometimes to re-learn.

5. Your favorite power ballad?
     There are a few favorites..."I Can't Fight The Feeling Anymore" by REO Speedwagon; "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meatloaf; "Heaven" by Brian Adams. There are more but I'll go with these three.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
      There have been a number of news stories that have grabbed my attention and not in a good way.
     One story is the kabuki theater going on in our Nation's capitol. It appears that the Democrats were the ones to collude with the Russians to affect our elections, not the president. It appears that the warrant that was submitted to the FISA Court was knowingly false but was submitted anyways. The warrant that was issued allowed the government to spy on American citizens. This, and many other things that have come to light, is chilling from a civil liberties standpoint. It also calls into question whether we are truly a nation governed by laws.

     Here is another story that struck me where I live. This past week six police officers were murdered in the line of duty from around the country. In Ohio, two police officers responded to a domestic disturbance and were both shot and killed upon their arrival. It was reported that afterward the police station received a number of calls expressing happiness that the officers were killed and cheering for the killer.
     Have we sunk so low as a people?

     Please join me in prayer for our National Soul. We are in the process of losing it. 


4 comments:

  1. It makes me so sad when officers lives are taken. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stories of those police officers killed in the line of duty are heartbreaking. I don't understand anyone feeling glad about something so horrific, but then there are many things I don't understand in our country at the moment. My hubs would have a similar answer about a meal...I made meatloaf last night, which is one of his favorites, and he was still talking about it this morning. Hope everything is okay there and you and your sweetheart have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Prayers lifted for our National Soul. Great way to put it and this has been added to my daily prayer list. I enjoyed your answers today! Greetings to you and your lovely wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your random was very good and so very sad. And here we are today mourning the loss of 17 people in Florida. We are in bad shape and it scares me.

    ReplyDelete