My Blog List

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A PRE-SUPER BOWL WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE!


      I hope that you are all well on this Wednesday morning. Are you looking forward to the upcoming Super Bowl?  We citizens of Patriots Nation most certainly are. I am equally certain that the citizens of Eagles Nation are likewise looking forward to the game. I hope that it is a good game where the best of each team is put on display. I hope that no one gets injured. I hope that the officiating is fair and accurate and that it does not affect the outcome of the game. It bodes to be a great game.
     Another Wednesday Hodgepodge is once again upon us. I thank our Hodgepodge Mistress for her constant efforts to come up with challenging questions each week. Thank you Joyce Daley.
     Now onto the Hodgepodge....

1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain.  
     I would have to go with "no end in sight." My beloved SWMBO's health is a constant, never ending challenge. She is now contending with a sinus infection, swollen lymph nodes and possibly strep throat. So, she now has to take a course of medication to address the infections above and beyond what she is already taking for her cancer. She continues to fight valiantly with perseverance and an indomitable spirit. 
     By the way, thank you, and you know who you are, for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. They do help so much.

2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.
     At the risk of dating myself, what comes to my mind is a clock radio. I did have one. I would listen to it while doing homework. They often broadcast the Red Sox games on the radio. I would also listen to a talk radio show out of Boston's WBZ, 1030 AM on your radio dial. The radio also had a sleep setting where it would turn off after an hour or two so I could fall asleep while listening to the radio.

3. Something that made you smile yesterday?
     The thing that made me smile yesterday is the same thing that makes me smile everyday...my beloved SWMBO. Another thing that has been making me smile lately are GIF's that I have been watching on Pinterest. Some of them are just too funny. 

4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?
     Who comes up with these National Days? Yes, I do like croissants. I like chicken salad on croissants. I'm okay with chicken salad on a wrap, a roll, or bread. Not too keen on the bagel idea, though. 

5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.
     Our January can be summed up in one word...Change. New medical insurance, etc.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
     I watched the State of the Union address last night. I think that President Trump did a respectable job. He is not a gifted public speaker, he never has been. However, a lot of what the president said resonated with me. I like to think that I am not alone.
     I was profoundly disappointed in the democrats reaction to much of what the president said. They just sat there, dour faced, as the president reported the reduction in unemployment, the growth of the stock market and other positive trends that are good for the country. It seemed as if the democrats were mourning the success of the president's policies.
     Our government is deeply divided. I do not think that there is much chance of that changing given what I witnessed last night. May God have mercy on these United States.


5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Prayers to you and your family. I do pray for your SWMBO. Sending hugs too, what a time with illness.
    Our family got the Flu bug, it was awful. We lost a week of life it seemed.
    Enjoy the BIG GAME. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that SWMBO has a sinus infection, and I hope she feels better soon!
    We watched the State of the Union message, too, and had the same thoughts as you. The Democrats sure didn't try to hide their feelings...
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in total agreement with your 'random'. We are also hoping for a fair and well-played super bowl on Sunday. Joe has been wearing Eagles clothing all week and has been getting positive comments from strangers, out and about. He has been enjoying it. :) Your SWMBO is always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really disappointed too, although not completely surprised. The stony faces were a bit was more extreme than I expected. Their reaction illustrated where we are as a nation-more concerned with 'our side' than the citizens. I was pleasantly surprised by his speech and happy he mostly stayed on topic. The snapshots of America were touching and heartbreaking. I will pray for Lynn, and hope she's over the infection soon. Go Eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn Marie is always in my prayers. Oh my on dealing with new insurance. It's never easy!

    ReplyDelete