I have been watching bits and pieces of the Republican Convention. I am not filled with confidence in the competence of the Republican Party based upon what I saw unfolding before me. The convention seemed to be chaotic and disorderly. It improved somewhat the second night...but c'mon, this is supposed to by your showcase. Well, it's Wednesday and time for another Hodgepodge.
I know what it is. I am not playing because I have a life with responsibilities and everything. I think games are a good thing but when it results in injury or death it has gone too far. I am intrigued by the number of dead bodies that have been found by those who are playing the game, though.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I collected baseball cards and coins in my youth. I do not have either collections anymore. I have never camped out or stood in a ridiculously long line or paid a ridiculous sum for any collectible.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
My beloved SWMBO had a really good time on our anniversary. We really enjoy going to a restaurant and sharing a great meal and conversation.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
The DVD player that sits under the TV in our living room. I may get around to dusting it...someday!
5. A favorite song relating to time?
"Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
I was deer hunting several years ago. I heard what I thought was by hunting partner kicking up leaves while walking approaching me from behind. I stood up and turned to find a HUGE bull moose standing there staring at me. That was an impressive animal. We parted company as friends. I wonder if he ever told his moose buddies about the HUGE orange man he ran into in the forest?
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
Yeah, I think I would. It would have to be the adventure of a lifetime.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I must apologize to those of you who visited by blog page last Wednesday and left a comment. I usually return the favor by stopping in and visiting your blog page and leaving a comment in return. Last week I did not, for reasons I won't go into. Anyways I will try to do better henceforth.
That said...Black Lives Matter can kiss my _ _ _ ! The whole movement is founded upon a lie. As a result of their Bovine Excreta and the tacit encouragement of the president of the United States police officers are being shot down in the street. Like I said, Black Lives Matter can kiss my _ _ _ !