Here we are at another Wednesday Hodgepodge and here we are at another hot, hazy and humid day. Another "Africa Hot" and humid day. I like the summer but I don't love it. My beloved SWMBO loves it. Me, I sweat by just breathing. Well, the cooler temperatures of Fall and Winter will be here soon enough. Now onto this week's questions...
It depends upon the day. Some days I influence my world. Other days I am influenced by my world.
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
I last used a tape measure to measure some hardwood flooring a couple of weeks ago. I always know where I can find a tape measure in my house. I am blessed beyond measure with my beloved SWMBO...but I'm sure most of you knew that I was going to say that. I say it because it is true!
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?
I select Narnia! I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well as the other writings of Clive Staples (C.S.) Lewis. It sounds like it is a magical place.
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?
I usually am at my best during the early evening to late evening. That's when my thinking is most productive.
5. So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?
SWMBO and I have been watching "Royal Pains." We also watched "San Andreas" with Dwayne Johnson. SWMBO particularly likes disaster movies where there is widespread destruction and mayhem. We also watched "The Walk." It's a movie about a frenchman who walked between the towers of the World Trade Center on a wire in 1974.
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.
"Don't swim for an hour after you eat" It evokes memories of my friends and me at a municipal pool eating a picnic lunch together and then playing wiffle ball or some other game until the hour was up and we could return to the pool.
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.
"And this too shall pass." No matter what you may be going through, you will get through it. It will inevitably pass no matter how long it takes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Sitting on a sofa on a Sunday afternoon. Going to the candidate's debate. Laugh about it, talk about it when you've got to choose. Any way you look at it you lose." Mrs Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
This kind of sums up my attitude about this election cycle.