My Blog List

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

FALLING LEAVES HODGEPODGE!


     And so another Wednesday has come upon us. The queen of posers, Joyce from From This Side of the Pond has come up with another set of thought provoking interrogatories to challenge the best of us and to reveal our innermost secrets at the same time. Okay...maybe not our innermost secrets, but it's a lot of fun all the same. Join in on the fun!

1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
     My dimples! Of course, now, my full beard hides them but they are cute as the dickens, still!
     
2. What's more important-history or science? Why?
     I believe that they are both important. I would, however, give the edge to science because what science tells us has a more significant impact upon our daily lives. Consider the impact of technology on our society over the past ten years. Try to extrapolate ten years into the future. It really boggles the mind.

3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?
     I prefer string beans. However, I do like pinto beans in a meat based chilli.

4. What's something people come to your town to do?
     Visit the lakes or the farms...I guess! I really don't know!

5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less. 
     This morning with the Preacher. Eggs, sausage, toast, potatoes & coffee!

6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
     I would love to watch the World Series from an executive box with all the perks!
Especially if my beloved Red Sox are playing.

7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
     Write as often as you can whether you feel like it or not. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Recently Ben Afleck was named as the new "Batman." A significant number of people took to Twitter and other social media to complain about the news. My reaction is two fold: (1) Who gives a rat's hinder parts who plays Batman in a movie? (2) Where do these people get the idea that they have any say in casting decisions of any movie? I mean, it's not their money at risk. They have no ownership interests in the production companies. Who gives a rat's hinder parts what these people think?
     Whatever happened to people minding their own darn business and allowing other people the freedom to do the same? 

5 comments:

  1. Ooo! I think a box at any professional sport event would be amazing! They always look to be having more fun than the people sitting nearly on top of each other in the regular seats :) I still don't really understand Twitter...I don't think I ever will! Our culture is obsessed with being in everyone's business...and personally I'm getting a bit annoyed. Not enough to quite Facebook, but annoyed none the less! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of meeting! Personally I think all meetings should have food : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast meeting sounds so great! I agree with Joyce...every meeting should have a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your dimples and the way you can wiggle your ears! Always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete