Today is Hodgepodge Wednesday. I don't know how Joyce does it, but she comes up with challenging questions every single week! This week is no different. Thank you Joyce for your hard work and for the fun that is the Hodgepodge!
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
The Old Testament Book of Isaiah is a challenging book to learn autodidactically(self taught). It requires in depth knowledge of other Old Testament Books to understand the references in the Book of Isaiah. What I learned, to my chagrin, is that I do not possess such a depth of knowledge.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
SWMBO and I love spaghetti squash. We also enjoy zucchini squash in pasta dishes.
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
...more I learn that I don't know! A wise man once observed that you cannot learn what you don't know, if you don't know what you don't know! The older I get, the more I learn what I don't know.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
The theme from "The Greatest American Hero." It was a sort of campy super hero sitcom but for some reason it appealed to me.
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
Studying the Old Testament Kings. (See #1 above)
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
The Amazing Spiderman! The Beatles cartoon was pretty cool too!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We live in troubling times! In this small state of NH, two people are dead by means gunshot wounds on the same day.
One was shot by State Police after a vehicle chase. The driver, a woman, apparently tried using their vehicle to run over the Trooper.
The other was an estranged boyfriend who got into an argument with his ex-girlfriend. She called police. Police arrived and while investigating was shot at by the boyfriend. Police returned fire and withdrew. After a standoff lasting several hours the boyfriend was found dead from a gunshot wound. The unresolved question is whether it was self inflicted or as a result of the earlier gunfire exchange with police?
In New York City a man and his family was set upon by a bunch of bikers. He was beaten unconscious after being chased down after he drove over one of the bikers to apparently escape to safety with his family after being surrounded by the bikers.
We live in troubling times! May God help us!