My Blog List

Monday, February 18, 2013

HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?

     Here it is Monday already! Where did the weekend go? It seems like it just flew by but if you were to ask what I accomplished I'd have to say "Not very much!"


     I did finish reading a novel this weekend. It is called "The Last Patriot" by Brad Thor. This is the second novel that I have read that was written by Mr. Thor. It's an adventure/spy thriller in the manner of a Tom Clancy or Vince Flynn novel. I enjoy reading this type of fiction where a noble, special operations rogue operator, or group of operators, inflicts all manner of mayhem upon those evil minions who would dare attack the good old U.S.A, these selfless men and women keep America safe from all harm and preserve our way of life.

    I also cleaned the pellet stove and kept a supply of wood pellets on hand so SWMBO would be warm. I love keeping SWMBO warm and cozy. When SWMBO is warm, she is happy. If SWMBO is happy, I have a 50/50 shot at being happy!


    On Saturday SWMBO had to go to work. SWMBO teaches pet First Aid and CPR to the doggy daycare staff where she works. This class had been scheduled for awhile so she had to be there. Re-scheduling would be too much of a hassle. She had to work from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.


   After she got home, I went to the grocery store and did the weekly food shopping while she got some much deserved rest. Don't worry, I was not without adult supervision. SWMBO and I have the same model of smart phone so we're able to converse face to face if the need arises. Also, we use the same grocery list app that automatically syncs when changes are made. So if SWMBO adds something to the shopping list on her phone after I leave the house, the list on my phone automatically syncs and dispays the new item.
   SWMBO loves seafood so while shopping I picked up a package of cooked shrimp as a surprise. Can you say "Brownie Points?"
    Another advantage to doing the food shopping is that I get to put things in the shopping cart that are not, strictly speaking, on the grocery list.


    Sunday morning, of course, was Worship and Bible class with the church family. Our minister, who I affectionately refer to as "Preacher Dude" gave a wonderful apologetical sermon on the truth of the Bible. I know, big surprise...right? I really enjoy a well crafted and well delivered sermon. Preacher Dude is skilled at both. I wish that I could do half as well as Preacher Dude routinely does.


    Sunday afternoon consisted of more pellet stove cleaning and keeping the home fires burning. Also there were high winds blowing all afternoon. There have been sporadic power outages in Goffstown, where SWMBO and I live, and the surrounding communities. The temperature outside is about 20 degree's, with the wind chill making it near zero! YUCK!!! So far, as I write this, we still have power and therefore warmth.

    So I ask again, where did the weekend go?

1 comment:

  1. When SWMBO is happy and warm, your chances of being happy are far greater than 50/50 Bucko! Good thing SWMBO loves you -MORE!

    ReplyDelete