My Blog List

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

WINTER'S DEATH SPIRAL HODGEPODGE





     Erin Go Bragh! Saturday is St. Patrick's Day so a shout out to all who are of Irish ancestry. May the wind be always at your back and may you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead. 
     Another Wednesday Hodgepodge is upon us once again. May the Lord bless you in a tangible way today. Thank you Joyce for your return and for another fine set of questions. 

1. Best place you've been lately?
     SWMBO and I had occasion to go to a fine restaurant with some close friends and enjoy a wonderful meal and great conversation. The restaurant is called the "Copper Door." It is a somewhat upscale restaurant with great ambience and food. We had a great time.

2. What's something you should say yes to today? Or this week? Or even this year?
     I should say yes to snow shoveling. As I write this we are in the throes of another northeaster. Old Man Winter is just refusing to realize that his time is up and that he needs to move on. This is his second snow tantrum in as many weeks. Ten to eighteen inches of snow is expected. YUCK!

3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form? If so tell us how. In Western cultures the color green is typically associated with jealousy, nature, good luck, and growth. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'green'?
     We don't usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We might go to McDonald's for a Shamrock Shake but that would be about it.
     The thing that comes to mind when I hear the word green is the grass at Fenway Park. When you first walk into the stands the grass is so green that it almost seems like a special effect. It is really striking. I imagine other major league ball parks are similarly beautiful and striking.

4. What's a product or service you love so much you'd happily be their spokesperson? Tell us what makes you such a fan.
     Anyone who has read my blog posts knows how committed I am to my faith in God. I am a kind of a spokesperson for God and His Gospel. All who have obeyed the Gospel are also spokespersons, #GreatCommission. Neither God nor His Gospel are products or services to be sold but I could see myself being a spokesperson for the Gospel. It is free to whosoever will.
     From a more earthly perspective, I do love Skippy's Chunky Peanut Butter. I think I could serve as a spokesman.
  
5. March 14th is Pi Day. How are your math skills? What's the last thing you did that required math of any kind? And most importantly do you like pie? What's your favorite kind? With ice cream, whipped cream, or please hold the cream?
     My math skills are fair. The last time I used math was to figure out our finances. 
     I most certainly do love pie. I love those small Table Talk Pies you can get in the grocery store. My favorite pie is Pecan Pie with a dollop of whipped cream.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
     On Monday, news broke that someone was delivering bombs in the form of packages in Austin, Texas. To date three bombs have been delivered and detonated. 
    A task force of State, Local and Federal law enforcement has been formed to bring the serial bomber to justice. This will not be easy. You may recall that it took eighteen years to bring Ted Kascinski, the Unabomber, to justice. I pray God that this case doesn't take nearly that long.
     There is an undeniable fact. There are evil people running loose in the world today and these evil people do not obey laws that the rest of us do. It is not the implements that they use that is evil, it is they who are evil. May God protect us all from such people.
     Have a wonderful week and c'mon Spring!


7 comments:

  1. We focus on one thing and evil rears it's ugly head somewhere else. I do hope they figure this out soon. I know what you mean about ball parks. I also love golf courses for the same reason. Good luck weathering the weather : ) Take care shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed what you said about ball parks. Miller Park is amazing. :-) Go Brewers, I can not wait for opening day!!
    Have a great rest of the week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine living up there where the snow just doesn't stop. I grew up in Ohio and we had our fair share of snow there, but to get storms back-to-back with that much white stuff... oh my. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers!! Stay safe & warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a Shamrock shake in forever! Now I kind of want one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our time at Copper Door either just the two of us or with friends. I just out time together love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip that SWMBO is back blogging. I saw that blogging name in the Hodgepodge list and thought of Lynn Marie--not realizing it WAS HER!

    I'm sorry about all of the snow. I know you must get tired of digging out! (I can't imagine) Hopefully, spring is just around the corner!

    I'm so happy that Lynn Marie is well enough to go out and enjoy an evening with friends, again :) An answer to many prayers!

    Great answer to #4. I'm sorry I didn't think of that.

    Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a nice dinner out. That is always fun! Oh my, that's a lot of snow. Hope your shoveling went okay. Pecan Pie sounds perfect. I agree, there are evil people running loose today. It is scary out there!!!

    ReplyDelete