My Blog List

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A MAD MARCH MADNESS HODGEPODGE!



     Apparently New England is taking a pass on the first day of Spring. Another northeaster is bearing down on this region of the good ole US of A. AAAARRGGHHH!  
     In our Nation's capital the kabuki theater of government rages on. If this wasn't so serious I would think that these events are taking on the appearance of a soap opera. God help us.
     March Madness college basketball has stumped many avid fans of the sport and busted pretty much everyone's bracket.
    Thankfully, today is Wednesday and we have our usual break from the cares of this world that is the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you Joyce for this little respite from the world.  And now, ladies and gentlemen....the Hodgepodge!

1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you're looking forward to in this season of the year.
      I am looking forward to getting out more.  God willing, spending more time with my grandchildren. Nothing is better than that. Perhaps SWMBO and I can do a little hiking.

2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside? Any of these tasks recently completed?
     When it comes to Spring Cleaning , I'd rather not. I'd really rather not do any of the tasks that are listed, BUT, because SWMBO still lets me live with her for some unknown reason, I would do, and have done, most of the listed items. We have not begun our spring cleaning because we are still butt deep in snow with more to come.

3. Your favorite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Sour cream? Whipped cream?
     My favorites are cream cheese on an onion bagel, sour cream on a baked potato and whipped cream on a pecan pie.

4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?
      I was surprised to learn that I have been mispronouncing about half of the words listed. I often have trouble pronouncing some of the names listed in the Old Testament of the Bible. I also find a lot of medical terms difficult to pronounce. 
 
5. What's a song you love with the word 'rain' in the title or lyrics?
       The problem with these type questions is that there is never just "a _____" there are always several. "Rhythm of the Rain" the Cascades; "Who'll Stop the Rain" and "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" Creedence Clearwater Revival; I Wish it Would Rain" the Temptations; "Let it Rain" Eric Clapton and "Fire and Rain" James Taylor. See what I mean?

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
      I began thinking about Spring since Spring is upon us. Here are a few thoughts. In Winter everything is barren, frozen cold, and lifeless. In the Spring what was dead comes back to life. What was frozen warms up. What was barren becomes lush.

     The soul of humans is not so different. We all have a sin problem. In a manner of speaking we are all cold, dead and barren. The Bible tells us that "...the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
   There is only one person in all of history who has lived a perfectly sinless life, and they nailed Him to a cross and because they did and because He rose from the dead three days later we all have hope. "...but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
     The only cure for our sin problem is the precious blood of He who was nailed to a cross. His blood cleanses us of all sin, not just some, but all. It makes us who were dead in sin alive in Him. We become renewed like the world in the Spring with the added feature of having eternal life. 
     Sadly, some choose to remain dead in their sins. I urge you with every fiber of my being, please take care of your sin problem before it's too late.  The cure is free for whosoever will. God bless you!


4 comments:

  1. Amen to your random. We are so blessed to have this way to be reconciled to God. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been such a strong person, helping me throug so many things. I'll try to be easy on you when we start Spring Cleaning. I know that you have a lot on your plate. I love you. SWMBO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answer for #1 and seeing more of your grandchildren. Yum on your favorites with cream cheese, sour cream and whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire and Rain/James Taylor. I do really like that one! Yes, AMEN to your random thought which is not random at all but instead is pretty profound! God bless!

    ReplyDelete