Yesterday the prognosticating rodent from Pennsylvania made his prediction with respect to the remaining length of the 2015/2016 winter season. He predicts that there is going to be an early Spring. I don't believe him because rodents are inherently unreliable. What is reliable is Wednesday bringing us another Hodgepodge. And so, enjoy the Hodgepodge!
1. Describe love using all five senses.
This is really a tough question! My answer to this question flows from my beloved SWMBO. I feel her gentle touch as we sit together in church. I smell the sweet fragrance of her perfume. I see how her face lights up when she see's me approaching. I taste the flavored lip balm on her lips and I hear her sweet voice calling my name to find something that she misplaced.
2. February is Canned Food Month. What's your favorite food that comes straight from a can?
I like some of the Chef Boyardee stuff. I like some of the Progresso soups. I like canned vegetables.
3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here. It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs?
I don't really care what people are wearing in the confines of their cars while dropping kids off at school so long as they're covered. As for me, I would never leave the house without being properly dressed...unless it's in an ambulance and in that case I really wouldn't have a choice because I'd most likely be unconscious.
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck...which is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
I'm a crew neck guy!
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
I am guilty of all of them at one time or another. Night snacks is my Kryptonite.
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best?
The house I grew up in was built in the late 1800's. My siblings and I were convinced that the place was haunted, especially the cellar. We experienced a number of events that could only be described as paranormal and in some cases frightening. Ironically of the places I lived, that house is my favorite.
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story?
I love historical movies. "Apollo 13" is one of my favorites. I also like "42" the story of Jackie Robinson.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Another answer to Question #1 is God. God is love! 1 Corinthians 13 describes pure love and that too is God. I am able to love others because God first showed me how to love. May you all experience the true love of God in your lives.