My Blog List

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

POST LABOR DAY HODGEPODGE!



     As I write this it is 0013 hrs, 09/09/2015. I am watching episodes of the West Wing on Netflix. My beloved SWMBO and the fur babied are safely ensconced in the land of Nod. Today is officially Hodgepodge Wednesday so...onto the Hodgepodge! 

1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
     SWMBO and I packed up the fur babies and went to a nearby lake. Enroute we stopped at a burger stand to pick up some food to eat while we enjoyed the beauty of the lake. We walked around a little bit. We shared our food with the fur babies, of course. It was a nice little outing.

2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
   I watch the news coverage and read newspaper accounts so I am probably as well informed as the next guy. It is a tragedy that was predictable.

3. What have you changed your mind about? 
     I really don't know. Being always right as I am I can't imagine changing my mind about anything. I mean, if I'm always right why would I change and be wrong? If anyone believes the preceding two sentences they need to cut back on their naivite meds.

4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
     I'd fish it out because SWMBO would not stop screaming until I did.

5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!) 
     Sirloin steak with gravy, mashed potatoes and corn. Yumm!

6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
     I agree with Mr. Johnson. The lady clerk in Kentucky who went to jail rather than violate her principles is a good example of "Courage" in action. I believe the second greatest virtue is integrity. Integrity is the second greatest because it often involves the first virtue, courage.

7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
     Cut and paste the answer to question #3 here. Just kidding...here are three of the many words I often misspell:  "kaleidoscope," "paraphernalia," and "acquaintance."

8. Insert your own random thought here.
     I am sure that it comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I am NOT a fan of our former Secretary of State who is currently running for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. If this woman ever gets elected as President we are doomed as a Nation. This woman possesses neither courage nor integrity. All her public life has been characterised by shady deals, lies and malfeasance. This woman is a millionaire today because of such shennanigans. Thus ended this rant!
     



4 comments:

  1. I agree with your #8. Doomed is probably prettier than it will be if she gets in. I hope she doesn't make it past the primaries. Please God.

    Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge. I enjoyed catching up with you and your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you wrote for #8...I could not agree more! Like Terri wrote, we will all be DOOMED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo your sentiments about our potential next President. God help us as a nation, if this is the best we can do. Your lake outing sounds nice. We enjoy that sort of outing too. Say hi to SWMBO and tell her we miss her in the HP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your TV dinner sounds good and I'll know who to call if I ever encounter a snake - fortunately that's an unlikely event. :)

    ReplyDelete