Well, Summer 2015 is just about in the history books. Boy, it went by fast. Fall is upon us in NH. The leaves are changing color and the nights are getting cooler. Today's is also Wednesday which means Joyce Daley has some more questions for us, better known as the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Enjoy!
1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?
I like watching Penn & Teller's "Fool Us" program. Magicians appear on stage and try to fool Penn & Teller with their magic tricks. If the fool Penn & Teller, they get to open up for them in their theater in Las Vegas, NV. Penn & Teller are seldom fooled. Me on the other hand, fall for the trick every time.
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?
Treasure laid up in heaven!
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?
I love a crisp apple. My favorite is the Cortland Apple. I particularly like to eat slices of Cortland apples with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. I eat apples fairly often.
4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen Colorado, The Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?
I think Fodor doesn't know what they're talking about. How can you possibly have a top ten list of foliage trips and not include the White Mountains of New Hampshire?
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I support laws that make legal "Medical Marijuana." I am opposed to legalizing the drug for recreational use. I base my opposition on thirty years of law enforcement experience. Marijuana is not as innocuous as alcohol no matter what the so called experts may tell you. It is definitely a gateway drug to stronger drugs like heroin, meth amphetamine, etc.
6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?
I'm okay to watch a movie already in progress and jump into a TV series somewhere in the middle.
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
There are rules? When did punctuation get it's own holiday? The world really has gone nuts!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My beloved Red Sox are playing better ball for all the good it's doing them. They will still end up near the bottom of the standings. My beloved New England Patriots have won two games in a row. I hope the Patriots go undefeated all season through the Super Bowl and make Roger Goodell choke on the Lombardi Trophy as he presents it to Robert Kraft. Other than that I have no strong opinions on the matter.