So here it is September already. Summer has gone by way too quickly! Today is another Wednesday Hodgepodge day. Thank you Joyce for another set of questions. Enjoy this weeks edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
SWMBO and I are planning a get away towards the end of the month. We don't know the particulars as yet. It will involve going away for a day or two.
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
Nice Guy! I try to be pleasant with everybody, even those I don't particularly like. I seldom return a slight in kind. I tend to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. I think I read that in a book somewhere.
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
I would absolutely love it if people would stop shooting policemen! I would also like to see the "Black Lives Matter" go away!
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
"Clam Up!" I often keep silent to avoid a confrontation, especially if it's over something I consider to be silly.
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
When SWMBO and I take in a movie we have to get popcorn and a beverage. Sometimes I splurge and get some peanut M&M's. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was "American Sniper." I'd give it five thumbs up on a scale of one to five.
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
I disagree! Often quiet times of contemplation results in new ideas and ways to improve on things.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
Completing this year's A to Z Blogging Challenge was such an endeavor!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have a Double "A" professional baseball team in a nearby city. They're an affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. SWMBO and I attended a game this evening, courtesy of a friend who had tickets that they couldn't use. We had a wonderful time together and the home team won by a score of 5 - 2 making our evening even better! A night out together without the fur babies was just what we needed!