1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?
I am looking forward to attending the 2015 Laconia Motor Cycle Rally on the week of Father's Day. I don't ride a motorcycle myself. In fact, you could not get me on a motorcycle at gunpoint. I am fascinated with the biker culture, both outlaw and law abiding as well. I worked the event as a cop and I try to go up every year to get a Rally Pin and an Italian Sausage loaded with green peppers and onions...and maybe a soft serve ice-cream. Some of the motorcycles have exquisitely creative and colorful paint jobs. It really is a nice day.
2. In what way have you come full circle?
I don't know...maybe when I completed my 61st orbit around the Sun back in April.
3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA
I have been to North Conway, NH, many times. That should come as no surprise considering that I live in New Hampshire. I think the place I would most like to visit is western South Dakota. New Orleans, LA, is a close second.
4. A song that describes your mood right now?
"A Man I'll Never Be" by BOSTON
5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?
I can choose only one? Strawberry Short Cake please!
6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?
The Tortoise and the Hare. Slow and steady does win the race. I tend to be very deliberate, tortoise like, in things of importance. I'm the hare in things of little significance, like deciding what to order off a menu in restaurant.
7. The answer is yes...what's the question?
Do I have the most remarkable and devoted wife to have ever drawn breath?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? In that founding document our founding fathers listed a number of grievances the King George III perpetrated against the colonists in America. In effect King George was treating his subjects in America more oppressively than his subjects in the British Isles. We fought a war to press our case and thereby gained our independence from Great Britain.
If you were to compare what the United States government is doing to United States citizens, you might come away with the view that King George on balance wasn't so bad.
I am not advocating revolution. I am advocating that "We the People" bring our government back under control, back into conformity with that other founding document, the U.S. Constitution. Think about it!