My Blog List

Saturday, April 6, 2013

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF A WANDERING MIND !!!

     I don't normally publish a blog entry on Saturday, however, I have committed to try writing two blog entries per week. I posted one entry yesterday, hence this Saturday post. I hope that you enjoy it.

DR. THOMAS SOWELL: Dr. Thomas Sowell, Professor of Economics at Stanford University, writes a regular opinion column. From time to time he publishes a column entitled "Random Thoughts on the Passing Scene." The above title is meant to be an homage to Dr. Sowell. I enjoy reading Dr. Sowell's writings and find his views to be informative and entertaining.  I wish that I wrote half as well as he does.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: The U.S. Department of Education, a cabinet level department, was established in the 1970's. Since that time, the academic ranking of U.S. students in the three R's as well as Math and Science as compared to other industrial countries has consistently dropped. We currently find ourselves lagging far behind other less developed nations. This is a travesty. 
     Billions and billions of tax dollars has been spent since the department's inception. What have we received for our money? Consistent deterioration of academic achievement. 
     If you owned a business that was failing in it's primary raison d'etre, would you not stop doing what was not working and try something else that would work to accomplish your intended purpose/goals?   
     The Federal Government is the only entity that institutionalizes failure at any cost! IT MUST STOP!

BOSTON RED SOX: It is officially Spring! Major League Baseball has begun. My beloved Boston Red Sox have begun by beating the dreaded evil empire, AKA the NY Yankees, two out of three games. There have been significant personnel changes from last year's team of the Great Valentine Debacle! I don't know many of the new players but I look forward to getting to know them as the new season progresses. GO SOX!

RETIREMENT UPDATE: As you know, I retired from law enforcement over a year and a half ago. I am still gainfully unemployed. By that I mean that I have not found just the right job that fit's my retired lifestyle. I am still looking, but so far nothing has shown itself. 
     My beloved SWMBO still likes having me home for some strange, inexplicable reason. I really enjoy being home for her, especially during weather emergencies when I can focus on taking care of her and not having to leave to go to work to take care of another community.
     I am enjoying having the time to read, think and write this blog. I also enjoy serving the members of the church. They are really fine people!
     As with all older people I am dealing with some health issues that have popped up. I am well, but some things have come up that need to be addressed. Also, I am now sporting a full beard!
     In short, I still love my new life with SWMBO, the grand-babies and the beasts. I am lavishly blessed by a loving God!
     Enjoy your weekend and take time to worship God on Sunday! GOD BLESS YOU! 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do still enjoy having you home. I love seeing your face in the morning and then again at night. I love hearing your voice and holding your hand. I still love you.......

    ReplyDelete