My Blog List

Monday, October 4, 2010

I'M BAAAACK!

     It has been a while since my last post. The annual Ganderbrook Men's Retreat has come and gone. Also, I was away on business for a couple of days. 


     The Men's Retreat was excellent! F. LaGard Smith is an excellent speaker and has a gift for thought provoking lessons. He spoke about passion, or rather the loss of passion in the Church of today. He lamented the lack of passion at worship. 


     Mr. Smith also decried the dearth of passion when it comes to observing the Lord's Supper. LaGard opined that the Lord's Supper, of primary importance at worship, has become more ritual than worship. He also seemed to express the opinion that today's "mega-churches" bear no resemblance to the Church of the first century. Controversial stuff!


     I don't know if I agree with LaGard but it provide grist for contemplation. I think it behooves all those who call themselves Christians to examine themselves from time to time to see what evokes their passion.


     I also had the pleasure of meeting new people and getting to know a little about them. When two Christians meet for the first time there seems to be an immediate bond between them. I experienced this a few times at the retreat. It is one of the highlights of the retreat for me. I find it fascinating to see people from such diverse demographic backgrounds come together in such unity, harmony and acceptance. 


     Men, if you have never experienced a Men's Retreat you owe it to yourself to attend one. You will be better off for having done so. God Bless You! 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you put it on your calendar as soon as you know the date and then don't plan anything else in it's place. I also love how you can relax and de-stress there. I love you and am glad you kept asking me to marry you till I said "Yes".

    ReplyDelete