My Blog List

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

IS HE REALLY THAT BAD? HODGEPODGE!




      Good morning to all my fellow Wednesday Hodgepodge peeps! Here we are with another Hodgepodge. Thank you Joyce Daley for another set of penetrating questions.
      Have your heard about the volcano that wreaking havoc in various places around the world? I cannot imagine how awful being in the vicinity of a volcanic eruption can be. My prayers and best wishes go out to our fellow citizens in Hawaii and those affected by the volcano in Central America.

1. What happens to the mail at your house?
     We generally trash the junk mail, which is most of it. The rest goes into a tray that sits on a chest freezer in our kitchen. We then go through the tray as the spirit moves us.

2. Something you always splurge on? Any guilt associated with the splurge?
      Dunkin Donuts has a watermelon coolatta which is my splurge. I do not feel guilty at all. Why should I, I'm an adult male over the age of majority and as far as I know it is perfectly legal to indulge in that beverage. Carpe Diem, baby!

3. There are many, but what are two important questions you think every bride and groom should ask/answer before they plan their walk down the aisle?
      The questions that I would advise engaged couples to resolve are (1) Do you want children? How many? How are you going to raise them(Child care, Education, Morally?)? Religion or no religion, which religion?   (2) What is you current financial status? How are you going to mange your finances? Jointly? Separately ? Conservatively? Aggressively? 
      There are other questions, of course, but I'll go with these two.

4. What's the best advice your father ever gave you?
      Make sure that you serve your country. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II, took part in the D-Day Invasion and served in the National Guard in the late 1950's to early 1960's. He encouraged my siblings and I to likewise serve in the military for at least two, four or six years. My brother and I chose to serve in the Air Force. We are both honorably discharged veterans. I am sure that dad was proud of his two boys.

5. Your favorite movie where a father features heavily in the storyline?
      Some of my favorite "Father" movies are, in no particular order: "Trouble with the Curve" with Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams; "The Judge" with Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr; "The Godfather" with Marlon Brando; "Legends of the Fall" Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins; and "It's a Wonderful Life" the Frank Capra Christmas classic.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
       Remember a few months ago when our president was engaged in a war of words with the leader of North Korea. The talking heads criticized the president saying that he was going to get us into a nuclear war with North Korea. They urged our president to engage in diplomacy.
      Now that our president has in fact engaged in diplomacy with the leader of North Korea, those same people are complaining that the president has engaged the leader of North Korea in Diplomacy. They say that he is a brutal dictator who cannot be trusted to keep his word.
     Our president, despite his flaws, is not as bad as his critics would have us believe.  Could it be that his critics are petrified that this president will succeed where his predecessors have failed so miserably? 
     Have a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Love your movie choices. Loved your dad with all my heart, he was a great guy. Love his son as well. SWMBO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you recycle the junk mail? That drink sounds delicious. I'll have to check it out. Thank you for your service. The Trouble With The Curve and The Judge are two favorites of mine. Of course It's A Wonderful Life is awesome too, I watch it every Christmas Eve. That's exactly it, they are afraid he will succeed!! I wish they would just move on and get over the fact that they lost. Happy Father's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Trump. The left wants to discredit him simply because they dislike him but honestly, some of his successes have been for the betterment of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answer to your #6... yes, I agree that our dear President Trump is succeeding and it drives his critics nuts. I like your list of 'father' movies!! Wishing you and yours a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your father movies! My all time favorite movie period is "It's a Wonderful Life". It speaks to me in so many ways.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete