My Blog List

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A MERRY CHRISTMAS HODGEPODGE!


     Next Monday is Christmas 2017. I sincerely hope and pray that all of you have a blessed Christmas and that the upcoming New Year gives you all the best of health and prosperity. In short, Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.
     As it is another Wednesday, it is time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. I do so appreciate this weekly distraction and time of thought and reflection on the issues on our Hodgepodge Mistress, Joyce Daley's, mind. Thank you Joyce and a special Merry Christmas to you and yours. 
     Now...the Hodgepodge!

1. Where have you found unexpected magic or delight this holiday season?
      All the magic and delight has been expected this holiday season. Therefore, the unexpected stuff is yet to be.
    
2. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? Will you/have you gathered in your favorite way this month?
     I prefer the smaller type gatherings. The church has an adult Christmas Party that is outstanding. Unfortunately, SWMBO and I were unable to attend this year.

3. Time has named 'The Silence Breakers' (women who came forward with stories of harassment)  'person of the year' for 2017. Would you agree? If not, who do you think deserves the title?
     I do not agree with the Time selection. Then again, I have never been too impressed with the publication which selected the likes of Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev and Ayatollah Khomeini as their person of the year. 
     I believe that the person of the year should be President Donald Trump. Considering all that he had arrayed against him he was able to get a new Supreme Court Justice and 57 Federal Court Justices appointed and confirmed by the Senate. 
     He has withstood a hostile press and is doing what he promised the American people he would do. Ninety percent of his coverage has been negative our false.
     He had to respond to the aftermath of two hurricanes that caused extensive damage which will require years to recover from. 
     Therefore, I believe that President Trump is the person of the year.

4. How did you spend your time this year? Are you happy about that? Elaborate
      Most of this year was spent dealing with health issues, SWMBO's and mine. I am not happy about it at all. I am glad that we have good insurance and great support from family and friends. I would rather have spent my time in other pursuits.

5. Bid farewell to 2017 in ten words or less.
     So long! Farewell! What a trip its been!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
     Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I wish you godspeed if you're traveling over the holiday. I wish you the best of health and prosperity. 



6 comments:

  1. Excellent answer on #3! I hear you on the health issues. It gets to be very frustrating. ((Hugs)) Merry Christmas to you and Lynn Marie and may the New Year bring good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying 2018 will be much better health wise for you and your sweet wife. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry 2017 brought you both so many health issues to deal with. May you both have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sending up prayers, for you both, regarding those health issues...

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can agree with you 100% on choosing Donald Trump, though we know Time Magazine would never have a conservative or Republican on their cover. He does deserve the honor, about that you are right! I always enjoy your Hodgepodge answers. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a new year full of many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost said President Trump. They selected him last year, which might be why they didn't choose him again. Or maybe it's because it's TIME : ) Merry Christmas to you and your bride! Wishing you both good health and much happiness in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete