My Blog List

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

MILD DECEMBER AND LOVING IT HODGEPODGE!


     Today we are having unseasonably mild temperatures...AND LOVING IT! Last year at this time we had snow rectum deep to a bull moose and the bitter cold to go with it. If we could get just a "little" snow for the Christmas holiday, you know the Currier & Ives kind of snow, that would be good. 
     Another Wednesday is here and therefore another Hodgepodge ensues. So join the battle and express your thoughts and experience the fun. Thank you Joyce!

1.  Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
     We don't have a specific story but we do reminisce about different events in our past. A couple of examples would be the account of our daughters birth in England or visiting my dad and watching him play chess with his grandkids. All of a sudden he'd disappear with the grandkids. He took them out for ice cream. Those are just two of several stories we revel in.

2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
     HECK NO! I refuse to allow "political correctness" or anything else to deprive me of my 1st Amendment Right to free, unfettered expression. I do not deliberately seek to offend anyone but I am certain that there are those who find my views to be offensive. Too bad...for them!

3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
     I have trouble being interested in "color." It's muck akin to my interest, that is my lack of interest, in flowers.

4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
     It would have to be "The Little Drummer Boy" because I have a great sense of rhythm. 

5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
     SWMBO and I will probably partake of some type of pastry. Cream Horns are our favorite. The last time that we bought some pastry was today.

6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
     I can take it or leave it! SWMBO loves it...therefore, we decorate!

7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
     I can't remember. We tend to laugh a lot because I'm silly. I love making people laugh by telling a joke or saying outrageous things. I envision that my funeral will be a laugh riot with lots of "Do you remember when he...." stories being told about me and my time on earth.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     My prayers go out to the San Bernadino community this week. I also feel a sense of pride in the way law enforcement, my former profession, ran towards the sound of the guns and thereby kept the body count down and resulted in the rapid capture of the two responsible murderers/terrorists. 
     Some of the people who were killed in the attack died using their own bodies to shield their co-workers from gunfire. Their sacrifice is not unusual of other Americans in similar circumstances. Americans are a noble people who willingly sacrifice themselve for others. God bless their families as they mourn the deaths of their loved ones.
     May God bless America and protect us from those who would seek our destruction.



3 comments:

  1. When it comes to holiday decorating, I believe most men feel the same way you do. I know my husband and two sons certainly do :)

    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, amen to your random. I enjoyed your answers to yet another fun Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the warm weather here too. I don't miss the snow, but I suppose I might if we don't see any at all. I certainly don't need piles of it that start in October and last through April. I so agree with your random. Law enforcement gets such bad press, yet they continue to run into harms way on a regular basis. America is certainly in my prayers. What a mess we've become. Hope you enjoyed a pastry with your SWMBO!

    ReplyDelete