My Blog List

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE HODGEPODGE!



     Here we are, the day before Thanksgiving. Man, this year is passing by way too quickly! This being Day 25 of "A month of gratitude" I am thankful for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. I enjoy interacting with fellow bloggers from around the country. I enjoy reading the different perspectives on common issues. So, again I say, thank you Joyce for coming up with these questions week after week. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

1.What's something you wish you knew how to do, but feel like it's too late to learn?
     I wish I had learned to fly, and safely land, an airplane. I really do enjoy air travel. One of my favorite software programs is a flight simulator where I get to safely fly various types of aircraft from the safety of my home. If I crash and burn, I hit the reset button and I get a brand new aircraft, fueled and ready to go. I would have like to have learned how to do it for real.
2. Your least favorite thing to shop for? Why?
     The least favorite for me is shopping with my beloved SWMBO for her unmentionables. I feel like a fish out of water in those particular departments of the store. SWMBO seems to like to take great joy in my discomfort by taking her sweet time in selecting what she wants.

3. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were growing up?
     The main difference is that some stores are open on Thanksgiving Day for earlt Christmas gift shoppers. The whole Black Friday madness did not happen when I was growing up either. It is sad, really!
4. What's something that when other people see it, reminds them of you? Explain.
     When they see a dashingly handsome, brilliantly witty, remarkably intelligent and well groomed man, they can't help but think of me! If you believe that you haven't visited my blog page and read my profile!
5. If you could guest star in a TV show, what would it be and why?
     I guess any "Cop" show would be my choice. I have over thirty years of training for the role. Now if only I could act!

6. Have you ever farmed or spent any time on a farm? Are there farm stands in your little corner of the world and do you make it a point to shop there? If so, what item do you particularly like to buy from a roadside stand or farm shop?
     I have never farmed, nor have I ever lived on a farm. We do have farm stands in our town as well as in most of the surrounding towns. My favorite purchase is corn on the cob. We have the best corn on the cob in the world.

7. What's something you've experienced recently that made you feel a sense of awe or wonder?
     Today SWMBO and I watched our grandgirls. They wanted to go outside and jump onto a pile of leaves. We still have plenty of leaves on the ground so I raked up a big pile and let them jump to their hearts content. Something as simple as a pile of dried leaves brought such joy to two of the cutest beings on the planet and that I had something to do with their being here is awesome. SWMBO and I are truly blessed.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Have you ever considered the level of technology that is available to the average human being. Take your smart phone for instance. There is more computing power in that cell phone than there was in the NASA computers that landed men on the moon and brought them back safely. We have cars that communicate with satelites to determine their position. We have gadgets that will map out a route to any place you want to go. Ten years ago these gadgets and gizmos were the stuff of imagination in the minds of science fiction writers.  Now they're common place.
     Can you imagine what will be available ten years down the road? It boggles the mind. What are your thoughts? What would you like to see?



2 comments:

  1. Good Hodgepodge morning! I love your answer to #7. And #8 - You are right about today's technology being mind boggling. What is next?!! Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your "light hearted" answers today :)
    The world of technology is too much for my weary mind to grasp anymore. Our new vehicle is way "smarter" than I'll ever hope to be!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and SWMBO!

    ReplyDelete