As I write this it is cool and rainy in the Granite State. It is a nice break from the heat and humidity and we need the water. Welcome back Joyce from your travels and thank you for another Wednesday Hodgepodge! I hope you enjoy this week's edition!
1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
The last time we relocated was 15 or 16 years ago when the Manchester Airport bought our house for their expansion program. We moved some ourselves but left the lion's share to the professionals. We plan on staying for a while. We are relatively happy here. The best thing about moving to a new city or town is all the new stuff. Making new friends, meeting new neighbors, starting a new job, new smells, new stores, etc. The hardest thing is leaving family, friends and a comfortable routine.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
I plead the fifth on this one.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
We don't have any rules about eating in the car and so there are no forbidden foods. The last thing I consumed in the car was a breakfast sandwich and a medium regular iced coffee. My go to snack when traveling are gum drops, spice drops preferably.
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
Any of the Beach Boys type songs..."Little GTO"... "Deuce Coupe"..."My 409," etc.
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
That's easy...Dunkin Donuts!
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
Whether this is true depends upon the circumstances. The other side of the He Who Waits is Lost coin is "Haste makes waste." When it comes to making a decision I fall somewhere in between.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
I seldom get lost. I have an innate sense of when I am going astray. I'm somewhat akin to a human GPS. I have a great sense of direction. So when I do inadvertently deviate from my planned route it's more often a happy adventure.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you own a Bible? How many do you own? The Bible continues to be the bestselling book of all time. Most homes in America have more than one Bible. Apparently Bibles are like potato chips, you can't have just one.
Have you ever read the Bible from Genesis through Revelation? Sadly most people have not read the Bible cover to cover. Sadly too, is that most people who own a Bible don't read it regularly. There are many people around the world who either don't have access to a Bible or having access, read it at their peril. If they get caught they are either imprisoned or killed.
So my random thought this week I encourage anyone who has a Bible to begin reading it. Reading the Bible is like eating an elephant, you do it one bite at a time over time. There are many reading plans online. Chose one that fits your schedule and begin reading your Bible today. YOU WILL BE BLESSED!