This is the last Wednesday Hodgepodge of August 2015. Can you believe it? Well, just look at the first question...that should settle the matter for you. Join in on the fun. You meet the nicest people at the Hodgepodge Cafe every week! Today I did the food shopping for SWMBO and I! Wow! Either I need to do food shopping more frequently before we run out of everything or WE need to cut back on our food intake or I need to eat something before we go food shopping!
1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
Enjoy some nice, steaming hot corn on the cob. Maybe go to the beach for some fried dough too.
2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?
A few seconds after reading this question. I apparently used up all my wits on the previous two questions.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?
When I was a young patrolman, I was assigned as the department "Police Prosecutor." In NH police officers often are tasked with presenting traffic violations and criminal cases in the District Court. I was sent to a two week training course after which "SPLASH!" I'm in the deep end and over my head!
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
I suppose that it depends on the context. On rare occasions the ends do justify the means. Mostly, however, people use this old saw to justify what they know to be wrongful conduct.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
Heights! Looking at high definition pictures taken from great heights makes my hair stand on end, much less actually being at those great heights. Ironically I love to fly! Go figure!
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
Mussels, Swiss Chard and Dark Chocolate would put me into a bad mood.
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?
Yard Work! There is always more grass to mow, weeds to whack, tree's to trim or cut down, leaves to rake, snow to shovel...it never freakin' ends! UGH!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don Orsillo has been the voice of my beloved Red Sox since 2001. Today it was reported that at the end of the season he will no longer be broadcasting Red Sox televised games. Normally when a team is playing badly, they fire the manager. The Red Sox have been playing so badly that they fired the announcer! Wow!