My Blog List

Friday, May 22, 2015

HEY! WHERE'S MY CART?

     A funny thing happened to me the other day that wasn't so funny at the time. My beloved SWMBO said that I needed to go to the grocery store. I was sitting and taking stock of my self and came to the conclusion that I didn't "need" to go to the store. I further wondered how SWMBO knew I needed to go to the store? Then I remembered that our granddaughters were coming over for a few hours and we needed provisions for the sweet little angels.


     So as I grabbed my hat to go to the store I asked SWMBO if she thought of anything else we needed from the grocery store to please put it on our shared shopping list. Our smart phones are connected so that when one of us adds something to the grocery list it magically appears on the other's smart phone shopping list app. So off to the store I go!
    Upon arriving at the store I grabbed a couple of cloth shopping bags from the back of the car. We bring our own shopping bags in an effort to help reduce our carbon footprint and thereby make this little blue marble a little cleaner as it hurtles through space.
     Anyways, I entered the store and selected the items on the grocery list and placed them in my shopping cart. I went to the Customer Service counter to conduct some business. I parked the shopping cart behind me adjacent a bin containing sale items. I conducted my business and when I turned around my shopping cart had vanished! It just disappeared! It just frickin' disappeared! I thought that I was having a monumental "senior moment!" 



     I asked the young man working the customer service counter if he perhaps saw what happened to my shopping cart. He looked at me like I was crazy and gently said "no." He asked me if I even had a shopping cart. He suggested that maybe another customer took it by mistake.  
     The game was afoot! I was a man on a mission! I retraced my steps throughout the store to see if perhaps I did have a monumental senior moment. No luck! The more I searched the more angry I got! I then proceeded to do a systematic search of every aisle in every department in the store. I finally located my shopping cart in the Pet Aisle hidden behind a floor display. The funny thing is that I didn't go down the Pet Aisle. I've got to tell you, I was a little steamed! If this was someone's idea of being funny...I don't get it! How dare they!?

     I went through the check-out without further incident. The more I thought about it the more I believe that I was the victim of a dumb prank! I still don't like it.

     Have you ever had anything like that happen to you? What did you do?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! No, I've never had that happen, mainly because my purse is in the child's seat of the cart, locked in with the seat belt, and I never take my hand off of it. It goes through the pharmacy line with me, through the deli line with me, etc. What a shame that someone thought that would be a fun thing to do. What is the name of the shared app? Sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete