As many of you know I am the founder of the Ebenezer Scrooge Admiration Society. I so dislike the vulgar commercialism that has become the traditional manner in which the holiday is observed in these modern times. However, every year around the two week before Christmas mark somehow my Christmas Spirit gets resurrected. Today is that day!
Today is also Wednesday and that means it's time for another Hodgepodge of questions.
1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
I'm okay with the Times selection. These people risk their lives for people they don't know under less than ideal conditions. A close second would be the Aghan girl, Mullala. This girl was shot by the barbarian Taliban for having the audacity to want to learn. She was almost killed and yet still speaks out against the ignorance and the intolerance that is the Taliban. May they all burn in hell!
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
My favorite something old is SWMBO! Just kidding, she's not old...she is refined! My favorite something old is an acoustic guitar that I've had for over thirty years. My favorite something new is an Apple Airport Extreme wireless WiFi router. This was a gift from a very dear friend. My favorite borrowed item is "time." I am on borrowed time after my "SWMBO" comment above. My favorite something blue is the blue candle that I place in a window every Christmas Season to honor those law enforcement officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
Definitely YAY! My favorite is either peanut butter or caramel. Definitely with nuts! I do not make my own!
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
My first flight was when I enlisted in the U.S. Air Force at age 18. I flew to Boston and then to San Antonio, TX, for basic training. I love to fly! I have been to North Carolina before but never to Kitty Hawk or the Outer Banks. Maybe someday!
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
No we don't. We have all taken different career paths.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
I must make it to church for the mid-week devotion and Bible study.
7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
...everyone takes time to reflect upon and appreciate the real meaning of Christmas. The God who created everything that was created enterred into time and space and walked the earth as a man for the purpose of sacrificing Himself on a cross for all of us because He loves us that much!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Next Wednesday is Christmas Eve. I don't know if there will be a Hodgepodge so I will take this opportunity to wish all of my fellow bloggers a very Merry Christmas and all the best that comes with it. Furthermore I wish everyone a healthful and prosperous New Year. May you receive an abundance of God's lavish blessings throughout the coming year!