My Blog List

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

POST ELECTION RECOVERY HODGEPODGE!


     It has been a week since the mid-term elections. Have you recovered? Do you miss the incessant campaign ads? Are you pleased with the results?
    Today the Wednesday Hodgepodge makes a return from its brief hiatus. Thank you Joyce for another round of thought provoking questions. If you enjoy the Wednesday Hodgepodge I encourage you to join in and participate yourself. You just might learn something about yourself. No on to this weeks questions!

1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
     I have a few Facebook friends who are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Services. We interact on a regular basis.

2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
     What a great question.  I have no idea what I would want in real life. So for the purposes of the Hodgepodge I would choose 50 pounds of DVD's. I would take the full seasons of all my favorite shows and favorite movies.

3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
     I am an incorrigible procrastinator so I'm a just under the wire kind of guest.

4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
     Ammunition! It's too expensive to waste! One shot-one kill, that's the cost effective way to do things. Ask any professional hit-man and they'll tell you that it's true.
      All kidding aside, I hate wasting time and effort. I hate spending hours working on a project to have it go for naught!

5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
    I'll go with Friends. It's silly entertainment without any subtle political propaganda, just plain old fun and humor.

6. What decision are you glad you made?
     My three best decisions are, in order of importance, (1) Obeying the Gospel, (2) Marrying SWMBO and (3) Retiring from law enforcement.

7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
     I am grateful that SWMBO's cancer is further into remission and that she has more energy. I am thankful that the Stem Cell Transplant is off the table...for now!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Yesterday was Veteran's Day. Throughout our history men and women have sacrificed their personal preferences and donned our nation's uniform to defend our way of life. 
     Americans are a noble people. God has blessed us with men and women who have marched through hell to protect the weak, rescue the suffering and defend people who condemned them for their efforts.
     So as self serving as it may sound being a veteran myself, I thank all those fine Americans who have served in the Armed Forces of these United States. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your wife's health is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your thoughts on Friends. It seems comedy programming feels like it needs to jump on whatever bandwagon is popular at the moment too. I prefer they stick to plain old funny and skip the not so subtle messaging. So glad your SWMBO is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fifty pounds of dvd's would be a lot of viewing :)
    I'm glad SWMBO is doing better this Thanksgiving, than last! May the trend continue :)

    ReplyDelete