My favorite time of the day is early evening to late evening. I am most energized during those times. I suppose it comes from working 2nd and 3rd shifts a significant portion of my adult life.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
In my house none of these need replacing. One small appliance that does need to be replaced is the electric can opener. It is on it's last legs. We have only used it for fifteen years or so.
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
Whenever she's within arms reach I extend my arm and touch her. I love to feel her warmth. People sometimes ask me if I ever wake up grouchy? I say "No! Sometimes I let her sleep." An alternate answer is "No! She gets up before I do!" (Insert cymbal crash here!)
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I have been to Canada many times, primarily the Province of Quebec. I had an uncle, my dad's older brother, who lived in the city of Trois Rivieres (Three Rivers). It's located on the St. Lawrence Seaway between Montreal and Quebec City. Our family would go visit him often.
One year SWMBO, the kids and I drove to Quebec City for a couple of days.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
My maternal grandmother made the best chinese pie (shepherds pie to some) on the planet. That was my favorite meal growing up.
6. Do you cry easily?
Depends on the context. I have wept at the funeral of a friend. I got a lump in my throat when Old Yeller bought the farm. I feel emotion watching certain other movies. I have shed tears from laughing too hard at an amusing anecdote or joke. Like I said, it depends on the context.
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
ARE YOU NUTS? It's not even Halloween yet! No, dear lady, I have not started my Christmas shopping.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Those of you who have been praying for SWMBO, please offer a prayer of thanksgiving. Our oncologist expected that SWMBO would need a stem cell transplant around the end of the year. Well, at our latest follow up visit the oncologist said her numbers that should be up are up. Her numbers that should be down are down. Her cancer is in remission therefore the transplant is off the table for the foreseeable future. Our next follow-up visit is in February 2015.
At the risk of raining on my own parade it is important to understand that there is NO CURE for the type of cancer SWMBO has. We have won a decisive battle in a war that is still ongoing, but the war is still ongoing. So in addition to prayers of thanksgiving, I humbly ask your continued prayers for an ultimate victory in this war with Cancer. Thank you and I thank God for you!