My Blog List

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

MID MAY HODGEPODGE!


1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem?
     SWMBO and I have two granddaughters who visit us on occasion. Today's visit would be correctly described as mayhem. We watched the movie FROZEN. Apparently my grandbabies have seen the movie once or twice as they were almost able to repeat the dialogue verbatim. Then they decided to use your's truly as a jungle gym. They climbed all over me, jumped upon me and generally had a great time playing with and on their Pepere. After they went home, SWMBO and both dogs fell fast asleep. 

2. When did you last feel dismayed?
     I don't remember!

3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange?
     I sometimes eat french fries dipped in mayonaise, some people find that strange. I'm given to understand that it is quite common in Europe.

4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not?
     I do not think it is true. There are some things that age becomes a barrier to accomplishing. For example, I am too old to become a fighter pilot or astronaut. I could not become a federal agent or a police officer at my age. Also sometimes people suffer disease or disabilities that preclude people becoming anything they might want. The word "never" makes this statement too absolute. If you change "never" to "sometimes not" then that statement becomes true.

5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.

Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person?
     I have visited, in person, Boston, MA; Washington D.C.; Santa Fe, NM,; San Antonio, TX.; and Charlottesville, VA. I would like to visit Yellowstone and San Francisco, CA.

6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose?
     I would choose to take a bicycle ride.

7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up?
     One thing I really liked is that the Merrimack River was about 100 yards from my front door. I spent a fair amount of my free time playing along it's banks with my friends.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Last Sunday we honored those special ladies who we are blessed and privileged to have in our lives. It occured to me that, as Christian men, we do all year long what most men do sporadically, if at all. 
     Critics of Christianity make the claim that Christian women are treated as inferior to men, that they are not honored or respected. Nothing can be further from the truth. We are commanded to love our wives with such love that we would die for them. We are to treat them and love them as we treat and love ourselves. We are to think of them as being better than ourselves.
     Over 40 years ago I made a promise to God to love, honor and cherish my beloved SWMBO until death do us part. That is one promise that I have kept and plan on keeping for as long as I have breath in my body.
     I hope all you ladies had a tremendous Mother's Day! 



1 comment:

  1. I almost said french fries and mayo because I like that too. I learned to like it while living overseas : ) It is common there, especially in Belguim where they mix a little seasoning in sometimes and it is delish! Sweet thoughts you shared about how men are to treat women!

    ReplyDelete