1. Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year....when did you last 'drop the ball' on something?
Hardly a week goes by when I don't drop the ball on something or other. Nothing specific comes to mind. SWMBO is very forgiving however, otherwise my ghost would be typing this right now. No jury in the entire nation would ever convict her if she was not so forgiving!
2. What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did?
I resolved to be more active in the church. I think that I have achieved this goal.
3. Jack London is quoted as saying, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why?
I guess I would have to disagree. I would assert that Inspiration hunts us down and comes after us with a club. Inspiration is something that is spontaneous. Inspiration is something that jumps up and smacks you dead in the face without warning. You hear a song with a powerful message and a beautiful melody, you are inspired.
You read about some of the great figures of history and all that they overcame to become the influential people that they became and you become inspired.
Sooner or later Inspiration gets us all!
4. What was the best thing you ate in 2013?
I give up...what was the best thing that I ate in 2013? I don't know. If you were to meet me in person you would soon realize that there is a veritable cornucopia of things that I have consumed over the pst year. To narrow it down to one specific "best thing" is daunting to put it mildly.
5. Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year.
I plan to keep on loving, serving and enriching SWMBO's life in any way I can. Beside that I intend to keep blogging, reading, and studying the Bible.
6. The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid. Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
I have way too much testosterone to be able to respond to this question and maintain possession of my "Man Card!"
7. In three words or less sum up your 2013.
Cancer Really Blows!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
At this time of year people often look back over the past twelve months and reflect upon the condition of their lives. They assess the progress that they made on the changes that they resolved to make during the year. The more common resolutions such as to lose weight, exercise more, improve their personal relationships and yada, yada, yada often don't survive past the first quarter of the year. We start out with zeal and positive expectations as well as good intentions to succeed. Despite our best intentions we fail. I number myself among those good intentioned souls who have added bricks on the road to perdition, that particular road being paved with good intentions.
It can be discouraging to make the same resolutions year after year to just see them fall by the wayside year after year. How can we stop this vicious cycle? I haven't got a clue!
One thing that I do know is that perseverance is unbeatable. I take a lesson from Thomas a. Edison. He used something like a thousand different metals for the filament on his light bulb until he happened upon tungsten, the metal that finally worked.
Well, if you have failed at keeping your resolutions, persevere! If you stumble and fall during the year, get up and begin anew! Persevere! Never retreat! Persevere! Never surrender! Persevere!
I readily acknowledge that this is easier said than done. Remember...PERSEVERANCE WINS THE DAY!
Happy New Year to one and all!