My Blog List

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY - SUMMERTIME EDITION!


1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
     We already had a reunion of sorts when my neice came up from Texas. She recently gave birth to her first child, a daughter, and so she and her husband came up to introduce Evelynn Ivy to her extended family. It was really good to spend time with my brother's kids and their families. 

2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)? 
     I am an iced tea drinker. I like it sweet with a little lemon. I do like flavored iced tea, also. My favorite flavors are rasberry and peach.

3. When were you last nervous?  Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
     Really? Last time? Since June 2012 and every doctor visit since! Yes, the event(s) are nerve worthy! All kidding aside, we have good days and we have less-good days. Sometimes the nervousness is warranted, other times, not so much!

4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist?  Do you see your dentist twice a year?
     I am usually somewhere between a 2 and a 3. I used to see the dentist more regularly but have not in recent years.

5. What's making news in your town this week?
     The local police issued a warning to lock our cars. Apparently there has been a spate of car thefts in recent weeks. Also, the local police are participating in a "Torch Run" to raise funds for the NH Special Olympics. Finally, a local couple wants to contribute several parcels of land to the Town for public use. That's about it.

6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them? 
     Curtains and blinds! One bare window over our kitchen sink looking out into the back yard. 

7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
     "Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
     I have been lavishly blessed by God in my life. First, He put people in my life who patiently pointed me to Him. I now have a wonderful relationship with my Heavenly Father and have experienced first hand His amazing lovingkindness.
     I am married to a woman who is so remarkable in oh so many ways. I am most privileged to be able to share a life with my beloved SWMBO! Another blessing from my loving God.
    God has put amazing people in my life who love me unconditionally, who gently hold me accountable and who call me friend.
    God has put a number of godly men in my life who modeled for me what being a Christian man is all about.
     These just scratch the surface of the many lavish blessings that I have received. I am eternally and profoundly grateful for all of it.
     My sincere prayer is that all of you reading this would come to know the God of whom I speak and come to know and love Him a 100th of how much He knows and loves you!

4 comments:

  1. We could definitely enjoy iced tea together! I like raspberry and peach for flavors in my tea too. I also like mango in restaurants.

    Styx was my mother’s favorite group and any of their music brings back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I like a lot of Styx music...this one is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Styx takes me back to my college days...I loved their music. Such a lovely random thought, and so sweet to see your devotion to your wife, particularly during what I'm sure is a challenging time. In my own life I have seen how God used challenges to draw me closer to Him, and to weed out some of the unimportant stuff I was fretting over. I continue to keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, your prayer and you and Hubs support. It is a trying time, to be sure, but we are not alone which makes the ordeal less of one.
      You are so right about how something like this focuses your mind on what is really important.
      Thanks again for the loving support!

      Delete