My Blog List

Monday, December 6, 2010

SO, WHAT'S NEW?

     Hello everyone! It's good to speak with you again. I have been away from the blogosphere for awhile. Don't fret, everything is okay. During the month of November I took a couple of weeks of vacation time and enjoyed some "Me" time. For the first time in many years I had Thanksgiving Day off and was able to enjoy it with family.
     Also here in God's country, you may know it better as New Hampshire, it is the annual deer hunting season. You may not know it but I am a terrific hunter. I know where to look for deer sign. I am an excellent marksman with a variety of small arms. I am an excellent hunter. However, I am a lousy finder. I hunt great, I find lousy. I have been hunting for about thirty years. I have 28 unfilled deer tags, meaning I have only been successful twice in all that time.
      You've heard it said that it's not the getting but rather it's the thrill of the chase. That's a bunch of deer droppings. I have had my share of the thrill of the chase and I'm here to tell you that it's not all that thrilling. It's frickin' cold!
      Fortunately for me I enjoy being out in the woods. I love the quiet. I love the wildlife. I love seeing how the hunting area changes from year to year.                  
      Every now and then I actually see a deer. Usually it's during the time when you may only shoot a buck, a male deer. It seems that the does, the female deer, disseminate a memo telling all the other does that it's "Bucks Only" and that it's safe to come out during the day. So, when I see a deer it's usually a doe.   
      Routinely they look at me, quietly chuckle to themselves a little bit, give me the "hoof" and then slowly walk away laughing. Can you imagine that, being dissed by a deer! I don't have to take it...I have a loaded gun...I could shoot them and no one would know! Oh well!
      Anyways, I am back and in the immortal words of General Douglas MacArthur, "I have returned!" So, what's new?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back! Was wondering where you were? No not really, I see you every day but not here. Love you and love how you like to take the gun for a walk every year.

    ReplyDelete