My Blog List

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

NH WEATHER CRAZINESS HODGEPODGE!


     Welcome back Joyce and thank you for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. I had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something today. That something was the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
     The weather up here in the Granite State has been erratic. Some days it has been cool and raw. Other days it has been humid and unseasonably warm. Still other days have been wet and humid as well as wet and raw. It is so true that if you do not like the weather around here, just wait awhile it will certainly change.
     Now onto the Hodgepodge...

1. What's surprised you most about your life or life in general? 
     I am surprised that I have survived to reach my present age. I have taken many foolish risks while growing up.
     I am surprised that I am such a God fearing man. People who knew me pre-conversion are also quite surprised.
     I am most surprised, AND very thankful, that my beloved SWMBO has chosen to remain with me all these years. We are still very much in love and are unwaveringly devoted to each other. We still yearn to be, and enjoy being, in each other's company. Ours is a love that songwriters and poets write about.
  
2.  Sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a baked sweet potato, a bowl of butternut squash soup, a caramel apple or a slice of pumpkin pie...you have to order one thing on this list right now. Which one do you go for?
     I am going with the baked sweet potato. I do enjoy several of the other items on the list though.

3. What's a famous book set in your home state? Have you read it? On a scale of 1-5 (5 is fantastic) how many stars does it rate?
     The most famous book set in New Hampshire I suppose is "The Hotel New Hampshire, by John Irving. I have not read it so I cannot say where to rank it on the given scale. 

4. There are 60 days until Christmas...have you started your shopping? How do you stay organized for the holidays?
     No, I have not started my Christmas Shopping. How do I stay organized for the holidays...I don't!

5. October 26th is National Tennessee Day. Have you ever lived or spent any time in Tennessee? Is this a state you'd like to visit one day? The top rated tourist attractions in Tennessee are-

The Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Gatlinburg area), Elvis's Graceland (Memphis), Birth of the Music Biz (Memphis and Nashville), Dollywood (Pigeon Forge), Tennessee's Military Heritage (many battlefields), The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home), The Parthenon (Nashville), Oak Ridge American Museum of Science and Energy, Chattagnooa and the Tennessee Valley Railroad, Downtown Knoxville, Lookout Mountain, The Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge), The Museum of Appalachia (Clinton), and The Lost Sea Adventure (Sweetwater)

How many on this list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
     I have never been to the state of Tennessee. I would like to some day. There are a lot of attractions that I would find of interest to me. I think that I would most like to see Nashville, the home of Country Music.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
     My beloved Red Sox are out of contention for the World Series. The dreaded Evil Empire, A.K.A. the Yankees, are also out of contention, having been beaten by the Houston, Astros who also beat the Red Sox. I am hoping that the Astros go all the way and beat the L.A. Dodgers in the World Series. Houston could use the uplift after the hurricane disaster earlier this year.
     My beloved Patriots seem to be making progress towards playing good football. They performed very well against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday night. I do not bear the Falcons any malice mind you. They are a good team with an excellent quarterback and other excellent key personnel. 
     It should also be noted that the teams that met in the Super Bowl were not the same teams that played Sunday night. There has been a number of personnel changes on both teams. GO PATS!
     Have a great week everyone!



3 comments:

  1. We are hoping the Astros will win the series too, but it is not looking favorable for them right now. I enjoyed reading your HP answers! Wishing you and your SWMBO a week ahead full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even here in CA we have had some crazy weather. One day it is 75 degrees and then the next it is 107 degrees! Thankfully we don't deal much with humidity. I'm so happy for the love that you and Lynn have. That is a wonderful blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my podge. I'm glad God got a hold of you and you've got some good fear of Him now. It's a blessing to have a good marriage! Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete