My Blog List

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

WE SURVIVED THE 2017 ECLIPSE HODGEPODGE!


     I sincerely hope that all of you are having a wonderful week. On Monday there was a cosmic event that held everyone's attention for a couple of hours. You may have heard of it. You may have even seen it. Yesterday my beloved SWMBO and I had our grandgirls visit for a few hours. Color Granny Happy!
     Today is Wednesday which means that our friend, Joyce Daley, has more questions for us to ponder and answer. So on to this weeks Wednesday Hodgepodge... 


1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?
     SWMBO and I watched the eclipse being streamed over our electronic devices. We watched while sitting together on a glider on our back deck.  It was a very nice time.
     From the list that was provided I'm definitely going with Moon Pies. Up here in the Granite State we call them "Whoopie Pies." I absolutely love Whoopie Pies.

2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?
     I don't think that "these days" I'm over the moon over anything. My beloved SWMBO comes to mind but I'm always over the moon about her. I'm over the moon about my grandchildren, but that's not new either. SWMBO and I are liking the fact that we are able to interact with out church family more these days. We have really missed them during our quarantine/home confinement. So that's about all.

3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?
     I am an aerophile. I love all things having to do with powered flight. I sometimes will go to a nearby regional airport and listen to the Air Traffic Control radio traffic on my scanner and watch planes land and take off. I am amazed at the size of some the aircraft and how gracefully they land and take off. It's amazing that they can get off the ground, much less fly.

4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?
     I remember getting new clothes, pencils, rulers, pens and notebooks. I also remember getting a new book bag. It was exciting to begin a new school year. 
For the most part I enjoyed school.

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.
     Unconditional Love, Forgiveness, Perseverance, & Faith. These are the things that should make up one's character. God is the perfect model of all these things. We would do well to be as much like God as is humanly possible.
These words touch my soul for that very reason.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
     My beloved Red Sox are playing some pretty good baseball of late. They are in first place in their division. The took three out of four games from the dreaded Evil Empire over the weekend. The Sox have had an impressive month of August so far. Their rookie third baseman, Rafael Devers is hitting like Ted Williams and fielding like a seasoned veteran. I pray that their good play and success continues through the post season and they win another World Series Championship. GO SOX!



5 comments:

  1. Hope your Red Sox make it to the World Series. Joe is hoping the Phillies stay in last place so they will get some good picks in the draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has an app on his phone where he can see all the planes in the air at any given time, and even know what plane is flying overhead. It seems a little scary to me, that we can access this, but it's a cool app. My daughter's boyfriend is a big Sox fan so I know he's happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jays fan here (sorry). Nice to hear that you are still over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brew Crew fan here. ;-) In my opinion we need a new manager.
    I enjoyed your soul words.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your love for Lynn Marie, she is one lucky lady! New clothes seems to be the popular answer for going back to school.

    ReplyDelete