My Blog List

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

DAYS AFTER MAY DAY HODGEPODGE!



     It's the beginning of the merry month of May and it's Wednesday so that could only mean it's time for another Hodgepodge. Thanks to out Hodgepodge mistress, Joyce Dayley, for another series of writing prompts cleverly disguised as probing questions. So let the weekly exercise in writing commence.

1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
     I am not a fan of Mexican cuisine but I will eat it on occasion. I like taco's and burritos with chips and salsa. I usually go with rice for a side dish. I don't care too much for the bean side dishes. My heat tastes run to medium, but I have been tricked to making a foray into the high heat fare. I will not be observing the Cinco de Mayo holiday with Mexican food or drink.

2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
     I have never been to Mexico nor do I have any desire to visit our southern neighbor. I can speak enough Spanish to get my face slapped.

3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
     I will try my best to stay alive. SWMBO is getting somewhat stronger and she's beginning to go stir crazy. It is kind of like living with a wounded bear.

4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
     The one thing I would like to accomplish is to eliminate wasteful spending. I have no desire to run for public office. Even if I had such a desire I could not run because my parents were married.

5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
     I guess I'll go with RAP Music and Hip Hop. I just don't get it!

6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
     I am a fan of the Star Wars franchise. I've seen all the films but I don't own any action figures or other paraphenalia.

7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
      My fourth blog post is from August 24, 2010, titled "LOVE IS A CHOICE, NOT A FEELING." The general theme of the post is that love is something that we choose to do. It describes the genesis of my relationship with my beloved SWMBO and how I came to understand that love is, in fact, a choice.  I still believe it today. I'm sure I'll write about it again at some point in the future. 
  
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     My heartfelt prayers are going out to our fellow citizens who have been victimized by horrific flooding or who have lost everything in the recent tornado's that have devasted sections of the south. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose your home and all your possessions in one fell swoop.
     I pray God's grace upon those who have been affected, that they may recover quickly and return to some semblance of normal very soon.
     God bless all of you reading this post!


6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your wife is getting better. I'm with you on Rap music. Yes, love is a choice! Happy Hodgepodge Wednesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on rap and hip hop. I just can't make myself like either of them.
    Glad to hear that Lynn Marie is feeling stronger!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feisty is good in this instance, correct? I'm glad Lynn is feeling strong enough to make you worry for your survival : ) Wasteful spending! Wish I'd said that, as I'm sure it applies to all governments everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right there with you on style of music really not sure of message song sends or if it has a messagee
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you one the RAP music! So happy to read that SWMBO is getting stronger and is feeling better! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you wrote about your Spanish speaking! Too funny! As a fellow granite stater, I'm ready for less rain, more sun! I think today is the ONLY day we will see that in the extended forecast!

    ReplyDelete