As I write this it is snowing. Being January and being in NH, this is not an unusual occurrence. We are expecting 3 to 7 inches depending upon which forecast that you listen to.
Another occurrence which is not unusual is the arrival of another Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you Joyce for another challenging set of questions. I encourage all of you to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge...it's a lot of fun and you meet the most remarkable people when you do. Now, onto the Hodgepodge...
"Another Stupid A _ _ Problem." This applies to a couple of issues confronting my beloved SWMBO and/or me. We are confident that we will ultimately triumph over them by the grace of God and the support of good friends.
2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?
I like to sit back and listen to make sure that I understand the issue and once I achieve that understanding I am not shy about chiming in with my humble opinion. The more that I care about an issue under discussion the more assertive I become.
3. What do you remember best about being 12?
Boy Scouts, Little League Baseball and fishing or playing along the banks of the Merrimack River.
4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.
At the risk of less than humble, I'll go with "Owl." I possess a certain kind of wisdom and I so enjoy telling humorous stories and remembrances.
5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?
SWMBO and I use an app called "AnyList." It holds our shared grocery list. What I like about it is if I add an item to the list on my phone it automatically syncs to SWMBO'S phone and vice-versa. We each have a number of shopping lists on our phones some of which we share.
6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?
I pick San Diego, CA. The reason being is that our grandsons live there. So, I'd take the time to visit them and their parents.
7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?
"Jumping Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones. This song always evoke images of playing catch in the street in front of my boyhood home with my best friend at the time Roger. I'd place the stereo speakers in the window and blast the volume into the street.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I did not vote for the president-elect. I voted against his opponent. This Friday he will be sworn into office, for good or for ill. I sincerely pray it is for the good.
It is remarkable that power changes hands in the United States without a shot being fired, at least so far. We are the envy and the wonder of the world for this process of our peaceful transition of power.
Now to those elected representatives who choose to boycott the inauguration of the new president and/or refuse to work with him for the good of the country and their constituents, they can just kiss me where the good Lord split me!
Have a great Wednesday everyone!