My Blog List

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A COLD & FLU SEASON HODGEPODGE!



      Well, here we are again. It is time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. It is good that our hostess, Joyce Daley, is back with another series of questions. The foliage is at peak color here in the Granite State. The weather has turned cooler as is normal at this time of the year. 
     SWMBO and I are swapping colds like they were commodities. I hope that we can both get rid of our colds at the same time. Now on to the Hodgepodge.

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?
       The best thing about moving house is thar you are forced to handle all of your possessions as you pack and choose whether to bring them to your new house. The worse thing about moving house is all the packing and then all the unpacking and the deciding where everything goes in the new place.

2. What's moved you recently?
     The views from the top of Mount Washington a couple of weeks ago.

3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?
     Life is moving ever onward.

4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.
     "Get a move on" applies right now. I have a lot of "stuff" to do before the snow flies.

5. What song makes you want to get up and move?
     Pretty much any hard driving rock song from the group Boston.

6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'?
     SWMBO and I usually have some yogurt covered raisins or yogurt covered pretzels handy.

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?
     For me it's my rocker recliner.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
     The state of public discourse in America today makes me sad. It is often profane and/or vulgar. The current election cycle does not make me optimistic about the future of the United States. God help us. 



6 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about yogurt covered raisins. It's been years since I last had any. I think I'll have to pick some up when I go shopping tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God help us please! It's my prayer every day.

    I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge responses today! I'm sure it is absolutely beautiful and delightful this time of year, up your way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Boston fan too (the band, not the baseball team!) What a tumultuous time we are struggling through. The top of my daily prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you and SWMBO are not feeling well. Hope you get out and see some more of the wonderful fall foliage. Here in Alabama, we're in a drought, so our autumn may be brown and ugly. I'll enjoy the cooler weather though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and SWMBO soon recover from your colds. Beloved and I are fighting a bug, too. Seems too early in the season for this.

    You random thought (question #8): I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a great treat to grab when on the go!! Exactly, God help us....
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete