Today is the first day of June. If the first day of April is April Fools day doesn't that mean that the first day of June is June Fools day? Well, that's for smarter heads than mine to figure out. Thank you Joyce Daley for another Wednesday Hodgepodge. Enjoy it folks!1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.
The week in June that ends with Father's Day is the annual Laconia Bike Week. It is one of the top three motorcycle rallies in the country. I try to go every year. I do not ride a motorcycle. You could not get me on a motorcycle at gunpoint. The attraction for me are people watching, the amazing motorcycle works of art, the smell of Italian Sausages with peppers and onions cooking on the grills and the pithy, if not vulgar, sayings that can be found on apparel, bike stickers, and the like. I worked the law enforcement detail there a couple of times which is a story in itself. Suffice it to say that I'm now happy to be a civilian spectator.
2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year?
I am reasonably careful. I do tan but if I'm at the beach I often burn. I have never seen a dermatologist ever in my life.
3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'?
While I was stationed overseas in the United Kingdom I took some college classes. I took a Philosophy that kicked my butt. I wanted to drop the class but the teacher convinced to persevere and that I would do well. He was correct. I persevered and I did do well.
4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics?
There are two songs that come to mind..."Monday, Monday" by the Mama's and the Papa's, and "Tuesday Afternoon" by the Moody Blues.
5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin?
I love berries. My favorite is Strawberry. I also like Black Raspberries and Blueberries. I think I prefer Blueberry Yogurt and then Blueberry Muffins. I'm not a fan of any type of pancake.
6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday?
I would love to lose a bunch of weight and get my blood sugar under control.
7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here.
"Something nice here." You're welcome. Seriously though, I appreciate the effort that Joyce expends to come up with these questions most every week.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I recently heard someone use the common phrase "God forbid." For some reason it struck me. How many times have you used the phrase yourself? It occurred to me that there are so many things that God forbids but occur all the same. God forbids murder, adultery, theft, and a whole litany of things that occur all the time. How is that possible if an all powerful God forbids it? The thing is, this same God who forbids also gave us free will to choose whether to obey Him or defy Him through disobedience. I believe that too many choose defiance rather than obedience. I urge you all to choose obedience so that it may go well with you. Think about it! Have a great Wednesday!