Saint Valentines Day, the day when we celebrate the concept of being in love, represented by the Little Fat Cherub armed with a bow and magic love inducing arrows. Have you been struck by one these magical projectiles?
Well, today is Wednesday and you know what that means, our friend Joyce from "From This Side of the Pond" has more questions. Won't you join in?
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
I have written many love letters...sort of. Whenever I give SWMBO a greeting card on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, etc, I always write a special message on the back of the card. She does the same to me when she gives me a greeting card. These messages make the occasion for the card so much more meaningful. The little love notes we share causes me think seriously about our relationship and gives it some perspective.
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
"A Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott. I love the way that old Scrooge radically changes his life after the night of his haunting. I love the example of repentance and fruits in keeping with repentance.
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
I love stories of triumph after a monumental, seemingly impossible, struggle. These stories demonstrate the unconquerable power of the human spirit. It gives me hope in times of difficulty.
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Snow shovelling! With all the snow that has fallen I have lost all interest in anymore snow shovelling, not that my heart was ever in it in the first place.
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
I would have to say "Yay!" I make tuna salad with onions, mayonaise and sweet pepper relish. SWMBO loves my Tuna Salad recipe!
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
I know a bunch of things by heart. Songs I love to play on my guitar, favorite church hymns, the Pledge of Allegiance, the Star Spangled Banner, my Social Security Number...just to name a few.
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
"I Would, Again!" By that I mean to convey that I would marry my beloved SWMBO again in a New York minute!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Spring could not arrive soon enough! Nuff said!