My Blog List

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

THE LIONS OF MARCH HODGEPODGE


     March is coming in like a lion this year. Our temperatures are about 20 degrees lower than they should be at this time of year. To make matters worse there is a shortage of pellet stove fuel. Colder temps and no wood pellets to supplement the oil heat makes it difficult to keep my beloved SWMBO warm and cozy. I shall endeavor to persevere! 
     Now on to this week's hodgepodge questions. Our friend Joyce from From This Side of the Pond has come up with more interesting questions. I hope you enjoy reading my answers.

1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
     I cannot remember a time when I was mad as a March hare. I am sure that there must have been times when I was. I generally do not harbor grudges. I deal with whatever is bothering me and move on.

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
     I was stationed in Alexandria, Louisiana, in the late 70's. I never went to Mardi Gras primarily because the revelry associated with the event is not consistent with a Christian lifestyle. I really had no desire to go. Purple is the most favored color. In our home our bedroom is purple.

3. Are you old fashioned?
     Yes!

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
     We like to go as the spirit moves us. We decide each morning of our vacation what we want to do. We do not like a strictly regimented vacation so we don't do a lot of planning. 

5.  March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
     I love a Medium hot, Newman's Peach flavored Salsa. I like it with tortilla chips or sometimes for a change I'll have it with pork rinds.

6.  What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
     When my granddaughter hugs my legs and says "Pepere, you're the best!" Also, I love "A Christmas Carol" and when Scrooge wakes up on Christmas morning a change man I get a tear sometimes. I love stories of redemption.

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
     The Boston Red Sox of course. They are such a storied franchise. I am such a fan!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
     Last Monday, SWMBO fell at work and fractured her nose in two places. Today she had surgery to effect repairs. For me it was a busy day. I began by dropping SWMBO and both dogs off at her work at 7:30 a.m. I then had to get the grocery shopping done. 
     At 12:30 p.m. I picked up SWMBO and Becke the wonder dog at SWMBO's work. While SWMBO was in surgery I took care of Becke. Then while she was in recovery I had to pick up August Rush, our Chinese Crested, from daycare. I then returned to the hospital and sat with SWMBO until she was recovered enough from the anesthesia and the surgical procedure to be discharged.
     I drove SWMBO and the fur babies home around 6:30 p.m. then after feeding the fur babies and seeing to it that SWMBO was comfortably ensconced on the couch, I went to the drug store to get her pain killers. 
     SWMBO is now resting comfortably. The surgery went very well. The fur babies are sleeping too! I am worn out! It has been a full day!




3 comments:

  1. Goodness, you all have had a lot on your plate. I'm so sorry about her fall, but glad she's recovering well now. I love a hot/sweet Salsa, but have never tried the Newman variety. Will have to look for that. I make one with blueberries that's really good and has the sweet/hot combination. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the horrible fall...I hope her recovery goes as smoothly as possible. What you wrote about your granddaughter on #6 was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the fall, hope the surgery goes really well, and she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete